Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Holley Sniper 2 Fuel Delivery

Post Thanks / Like

Holley Sniper 2 Fuel Delivery

Good morning, folks! I'm pivoting from a Gen3 Coyote to a SBF setup, likely from BPE. I've plumbed my fuel delivery for the Gen3 Coyote (255lph in-tank pump, 3/8" feed and return lines, and Aeromotive return-style FPR on the firewall), and I wonder if this setup would still work for a 347 or even a 427 from BPE with the Holley Sniper 2 EFI setup they build their packages with. I know the Sniper 2 doesn't have an internal regulator, and in reading their installation instructions on their website (Holley's website), it appears I should have the regulator on the return side of the Sniper.

Does anyone have experience with the Sniper 2 that could share their fuel delivery setup? I'm thinking I may have to reroute some of the fuel lines, but not sure.

Pardon my rudimentary drawings. Diagram A would be how I'd connect it to the Sniper 2 with the plumbing I've already run, and I found some documentation to suggest this would work. But, Diagram B also seems to work, based on what I'm reading on Holley's website.

20240417_082739.jpg

Greg
    Last edited by gbranham; 04-17-2024 at 08:39 AM.
    Built an early MkIII years ago, sold years ago.
    Got Corvettes out of my system, and now back after 18 years to build a MkIV.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes
    Here to learn, contribute, and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Setup 'A' would work for a carb, use 'B'.
    Mrk III, 331 stroker, Borla stack injection, T5, 3:55 IRS, Power steering and brakes. Kleiner body & paint

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant speak for the Sniper, I have FAST EZ-EFI and a SBF 427. I have the same system you've described and my setup is plumbed as your diagram "B"

Post Thanks / Like
    Like many others, I did variant C. In tank fuel pump to regulator mounted in the engine bay with return line out of the regulator back to the tank. One fuel line from the regulator to the inlet of the Sniper (not Sniper 2 as I was unaware BPE used those), with the outlet port on the Sniper closed off. This is sometimes called a 'deadhead' fuel delivery since only one line runs to the EFI. Some use an integrated GM fuel filter/regulator combination unit located closer to the fuel tank instead of running the line all the way to the engine bay, but I wanted the regulator as close to the EFI as possible to ensure sufficient pressure.
    Mk 4 complete kit w/IRS delivered (mostly) 10-31-22. BPE 347FI w/TXK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
    Setup 'A' would work for a carb, use 'B'.
    Thanks, Rich.
    MkIV Complete Kit Ordered 4/18/23, Delivered 7/11/23, 427 Stroker, Holley Sniper 2, Hyperspark, TKX, IRS, Wilwood Big Brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    "B" will give you a more accurate and consistent pressure to the injectors and compensate better when the injectors cycle.
    My build thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Roadster-Build

Thread on Stainless Steel AN brake lines.

Thread on fasteners and torque wrenches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, everyone. "B" it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Option B is my setup. It works great.
    MK4 #10008 - Ordered 10/06/20, Delivered 03/03/21, First Start 7/22/21, First Go Kart 7/24/21
    Paint by Metal Morphous 5/14/22, Legally registered 6/8/22, Graduated 7/20/22
    Build Thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...been-delivered
    Complete Kit, Ford 306, Sniper/Dual Sync, T5, Hydraulic clutch