Fellow forum members:

I purchased a Factory Five Roadster kit in 2000, had it on the road in 2003 and sold it in 2019 after enjoying it for over 46K miles. The reason for this post is that I'm planning on building another Roadster (298 USRRC/FIA version) as a retirement project. And since I've been out of the game for 5 years, I have a few questions that I'd appreciate your feedback on.

1. I want power steering and power brakes. (When I originally built my car I had manual brakes and steering, then after a few years retrofit power steering and Hydroboost brakes.) What's the current, optimum method of installing power brakes? Especially now that Factory Five no longer utilizes the Mustang donor pedal box? (I'm leaning toward vacuum assist if it's feasible with a frame mod and clutch and brake pedal setup.)

2. My car utilized the Mustang quadrant/clutch cable set-up and I never had any problems with that system. I see now that a hydraulic slave cylinder actuated system is common. Is one system better than the other, especially considering my plan to install power brakes? (Basically, which clutch actuation method in most conducive for installing power brakes, or does it matter?)

Any other pointers?

Thanks.