BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can't Figure Out a Connector - Help!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't Figure Out a Connector - Help!

I'm using an '00 donor harness. I've plugged everything in on the engine harness but I have one loose connector and I can't figure out what it is. Tied into the same loom as the driver's side O-2 connectors there's a ground wire and a two wire female connector coming out of the loom about 4" above the O-2 connectors. The two wire connector is green/white stripe and black. It fits into the coolant temperature sensor but I know that's not where it belongs. I've looked through all the engine control connectors in the Vette manual and can't find it nor can I find a mate on the engine. What is this connector for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    TTT for you Rick.

Got any pics?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Would it be the old oil temp. sensor plug

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rick,

From what you described, the Mass Air Flow Sensor plug comes to mind. Without being able to look at mine directly, it seems to me that the MAFS plug came off of the wiring branch that you described.

How's the build coming along?

Hope to see you soon.

Take care,

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mush View Post
    Would it be the old oil temp. sensor plug
    I think we have a winner! Thanks Joe. I was scratching my head all day trying to figure out what that connector was. Now I realize why I couldn't find it's mate. The old oil temp sensor is now a blank plate per the FFR engine prep instructions. Funny thing is, the original temp sensor plate is going back in for use as the oil pressure sensor location. The FFR recommended spot under the intake is a pain in the arse. Anyway, the location of the connector on the harness places it perfectly for the oil temp sensor. I'll verify for sure tomorrow. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    How's the build coming along?

Hope to see you soon.

Take care,

Mike
    Build is coming along...sloooow. Wiring has really bogged me down. I can wire a pre computer age car in no time flat but it's slow going for an old fart like me figuring out all this fancy, schmancy electronic voodoo. I don't like to just blindly splice wire A to wire B so I spend hours pouring through the forums and the factory manual just to make sure I understand where all those electrons are going and what they're doing. Once I have a particular system figured out it takes no time at all to do the physical wiring. Then it's on to the next circuit. Anyway, I should be doing a first start soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Williams View Post
    Build is coming along...sloooow. Wiring has really bogged me down. I can wire a pre computer age car in no time flat but it's slow going for an old fart like me figuring out all this fancy, schmancy electronic voodoo. I don't like to just blindly splice wire A to wire B so I spend hours pouring through the forums and the factory manual just to make sure I understand where all those electrons are going and what they're doing. Once I have a particular system figured out it takes no time at all to do the physical wiring. Then it's on to the next circuit. Anyway, I should be doing a first start soon.
    I'm know very little about wiring. Everyone I talk to says that it's a piece of cake, and that I'll be able to pick it up pretty quick. I'm one of those that has to actually do it, before I can get comfortable with the idea of "knowing" how it's done. So Jeff did the wiring for my chassis, and rear lights. I still need to wire the headlights, gauges, audio, etc., etc., etc. (And the light for the license plate bracket!). Hoping to get the lights and most of the gauges done this weekend. Then I'm off to Albuquerque for 2 weeks. So I won't be able to do much until I'm back.

This whole working thing is really getting in the way of finishing this car. When I can get this car on the road, I'll drive down and say hello.

Take Care Buddy.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081