Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Gen III with Wilwood clutch safety switch wiring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    \
    I'd much rather see (and have installed on my Coyote builds) the Coyote switch on the pedal box where it's closed when the clutch pedal is all the way down. Factory Five has brackets to mount it. But they're not mandatory. They didn't exist when I did my first Coyote build and I made my own. No big deal. In either case, the Ron Francis blue wires used for the clutch safety are not used.
    That's certainly my preference and I've asked FFR if they can send me one. The kit came with the hydraulic clutch bracket but not the one for the cable clutch, which I have. But thanks for the confirmation, it sounds like I can do it by wiring the Wilwood switch to the Coyote harness, it's just not preferred.
    MKIV Roadster - Complete Kit - Delivery 10/12/23
    Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nashuanuke View Post
    That's certainly my preference and I've asked FFR if they can send me one. The kit came with the hydraulic clutch bracket but not the one for the cable clutch, which I have. But thanks for the confirmation, it sounds like I can do it by wiring the Wilwood switch to the Coyote harness, it's just not preferred.
    They sent me the parts I needed
    cable clutch coyote mod.jpg
    MKIV Roadster - Complete Kit - Delivery 10/12/23
    Build Thread