Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Replacing Oil Pan in Situ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just put on a 7 1/2" Moroso pan to replace the 9" Ford racing pan. I used the the Moroso one piece gasket.

The Fel-Pro 5/16" guides that hold the gasket in place are a big help, and I put silicone in the corners to assist in sealing. I was thinking of a system of fishing lines to hold the gasket in place that could be removed before the bolts are torqued... but I thought of this after the fact.

All in all the pan swap is easy, then for good measure I primed the engine before starting.

2. Thanks BrewCityCobra thanked for this post
    Likes BrewCityCobra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BornWestUSA View Post
    I just put on a 7 1/2" Moroso pan to replace the 9" Ford racing pan. I used the the Moroso one piece gasket.

The Fel-Pro 5/16" guides that hold the gasket in place are a big help, and I put silicone in the corners to assist in sealing. I was thinking of a system of fishing lines to hold the gasket in place that could be removed before the bolts are torqued... but I thought of this after the fact.

All in all the pan swap is easy, then for good measure I primed the engine before starting.
    Much appreciated, I currently have the four-piece Fel-Pro gasket as that is what Aviaid suggested. I popped for the guides on a whim but it sounds like that was the right way to go. Thanks!
    BUILD THREAD: The Brew City Cobra

Current Build: MK4 Complete Kit, Delivered December 2021; First Start November 9, 2022; Go-Cart November 23, 2022; Carbureted 427W, TKX, IRS

4. Likes BornWestUSA liked this post