Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Split Front Mounted Radiators

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dave,
    Yes its a interesting doc,

Both Subaru and Porsche have 2 things in common, they have the pump pushing through as you say which I tend to agree is a good idea, the other which I don't agree is they both have the thermostate on the suction of the pump.
    Both Porsche and Subaru get cavitation and poor cooling control due to this point. In the case of Porsche they have tank 7 to get rid of the air.
    The logic behind having the thermostate on the suction of the water pump is that the engine will always get in spec tempreture controled coolant. Which sounds great but in reality doesn't work for a whole lot of reason I won't go into here.
    The Porsche oil coolers are really smart becasue once you have your engine at the right temp the coolers make sure the oil is at the right temp as well. People fail to realise that with the Porsche oil cooler design they are infact temp controls as they both heat the oil and cool it. The problem with normal external oil coolers is that unless they are fitted with a thermostate you can blow the engine from oil being to cold.
    Keep well, great project.
    Tony
    Last edited by Desertrunner; 05-18-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Starting not to look like a jigsaw puzzle anymore.
    Still a ways to go. Wheel vents next on the list.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/