Fuel Safe Systems

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 2,001 to 2,008 of 2008

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Hello All.

I decided to log in and see what was going on in the world of Factory Five and to say hello.

I'll stop by again soon. I hope you're all doing well.

Mike
    Hey Mike, I got notification of your reply to this thread. Been a long time... Hope you guys are doing great! David
    Mk4 Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?141-David-s-Mk4-Build-Thread

GTM Project Build site: http://www.gtmbuild.com

Few Cool GTM Parts: http://www.gtmbuild.com/parts.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Mike!
    Did you end up getting another car or project?
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to hear from you, Mike! How's the C1 coming?
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Hey Mike, I got notification of your reply to this thread. Been a long time... Hope you guys are doing great! David
    Hi David,

Pam asked me a couple of days ago whether or not I had heard from you guys. We've been working and staying close to home as much as possible. I saw a video that you posted of a Tesla that you bought for Mary. How do you like it? The same idea has been playing in the back of my head, but we'll see.

I bought a 1962 Corvette that I had planned to use as a resto-mod project. I drove it in stock form for 2 or 3 months, and decided that I didn't want to cut that car up. It was just too nice for that. So I placed an add on E-Bay, and it sold in 5 hours. The guy that bought is seemed like a good guy, and wanted to keep it strictly stock. He came to Charlotte to pick it up on 8/17.

That happened about 4 hours prior to me being placed into an ambulance for a bone jarring ride to the hospital. (I think they hit every bump they could find on the way).

It turned out that I had a Gall Bladder full of Gall Stones, and Pancreatitis that resulted from a Gall Stone that was stuck. I have never hurt so bad in my life.
    My nurse told me that she had previously been a professional clown... I thought she was kidding, but she wasn't. She was a great nurse though.

A week of IV's, Pain Meds, and Intense Antibiotics, got me to the point that I could have surgery... Couldn't eat or drink anything at all for 4 days; but I don't think I could have anyway.

I had surgery to remove the Gall Bladder, and allow the Pancreas to finish healing. I am just now starting to feel that I'm back to some version of normal... Trying to get my strength back. It really took a lot out of me.

With all that, I haven't even thought of finding another Corvette to use as a project car.

And for now, I'm ok with that.

I hope you guys are doing well. If Pam and I get out to the West Coast in the near future, I'll let you know. It would be great to get together.

Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    Hi, Mike!
    Did you end up getting another car or project?
    Hi Beeman,
    Sold the C1, and so far I haven't looked for a replacement for the project. I still want to, but I'm in no hurry at this point.
    I'll be sure to post something here when it starts back up.

Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    Great to hear from you, Mike! How's the C1 coming?
    Hello Shane, as you can tell from the previous posts, the C1 Resto-Mod project has been put on hold. I'll get back to it, but I'm in no rush.
    Turns out that these 62 corvettes are pricey, and just keep going up in price. Project cars are few, and when you find them, the owners want as
    much for them as though they were in pristine condition. So, since I have time, I'll wait them out.

It's great to hear from all of you! Take care, and I hope to talk to you again soon.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez Mike. Hope you get well soon. Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nice to see your message. I hope your recovery is speedy and well!
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Had some of the same issues in the past no fun, hope you are better soon know it take some time to recover. Good Luck and Speedy Recovery

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mike,

Wish you speeding recover, it suchs beeing old, everything down from my kidneys is mass up, four years ago did quad bypass and now going for biopsy tomorrow.
    will have to do surgery soon, biopsy is just to define how bad and what type, keeping fingers crossed.

car is almost ready. just it seems like I am not now ready.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051