Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,920 of 2016

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Brent.

Pam & I both appreciate it very much. I'm looking forward to meeting you soon.

Take care buddy!

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    The hood is finished. Final Cut / Buff / Polish / & Wax has been completed.

Tony loves to send very close pictures so I can't see the whole thing... He's killing me. You can sure see the crisp reflections in the hood though.

Wow. I feel as though I have certainly received what I've paid for.

And a nice display tag for the shows...

Tony mentioned that he and the guys have decided to pull an "all-nighter" in order to have everything done today, and ready to load up and go tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes this weekend.

Thanks for all the support! The people of this forum have certainly been my inspiration and motivation to keep going no matter what. And it looks as though we cross the finish line today.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-16-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to believe, almost there. I like her name tag too. Good luck at the show!
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Next Project? One never knows... Does One?

This is an unbelievable, but true "Barn Find" Daytona. (365 GTB/4 Daytona)

It is in exceptional condition for having been stored for so long.

This has always been my all time top of the list dream car to own at some point in my life. I'm sure that I'm not alone in that regard...

LOL... A lot would need to swing my way in a short period of time to make that one happen...

But this is an example of the trust that people have in Tony, and the type of cars that flow in and out of his shop.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-16-2017 at 01:46 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow! that Daytona is my boyfriends dream car. What a find!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pandora made her debut at our First Show (Caffeine & Octane at the Beach - Jekyll Island, GA.

There were no trophies or awards, (nor were any expected), and it was a fun time!

I'll post more details a little later.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-19-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Mike! Plenty of reasons to be proud of her!
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh wow, stunning! Just fantastic.

So it's real? She really is done? I'm not just dreaming this?
    FFR 7123 tilt front, Levy 5link/wilwoods/LCA's, webers.
    SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR5,

Post Thanks / Like
    Outstanding Mike so glad to finally see this get done the way you wanted it done. Enjoy the times with the car and keep updates on the shows coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    She is looking good Mike. Glad to see you hit this milestone. We need some video's with finger pointing and folks asking "whats that"?
    Just an old man with a great hobby

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looks Like Pandora Was Displayed Tastefully, With More Than A Dash Of Dignity Which Showed Very Well!

Being In The Center Of The Trio Really Frames Your Masterpiece!

Congratulations From Slidell Louisiana!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all. When I got up Friday morning, Pam pretty much kicked me out of the house, telling me that I needed to go to Jekyll Island to be at Pandora's first show. I told her that I wasn't going down because I wanted to be home with her. The passing of her Aunt was pretty tough on her, even though she hid it well. Of everyone who has followed the ups and downs of Pandora's progress, Pam knows intimately how much I've been looking forward to the point in time where I we could enter the first show, and see how people react to her.

She was insistent that I go for the weekend and enjoy the experience. She said that after everything we've been through I deserved to be there. The more I resisted, the more upset she seemed to get. So I gave in (literally), and packed a bag to make the trip down.

Tony sent this picture, showing that they were there, and Pandora was parked in her spot.

So there it was... Proof that Pandora had finally turned the page from a build project, to a completed project.

Who would have ever thought?

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like

When I got to the show, I walked around for a while taking a look at some incredible cars, and began meeting some awesome people. I looked for Tony, but didn't see him for a while. I got up to the Convention center in the "Premier" display areas and there was Pandora; situated between a couple of Ferraris. A very nice Testarossa, and a new 488.

The Convention Center was an awesome place to hold an event like this. The grounds were manicured and gave a perfect setting, and made every car there look even that much nicer. The problem was that with the wind, and all the people walking around, grass and dust was always flying around and coating the cars.

The micro-fiber cloth got a work out... Talk about holding something lightly, I wasn't about to put any pressure on that towel...

The line up. I had a quite a lot of people come straight to Pandora from across the lawn. The reason... when they looked across, they saw a Sweet Testarossa, A great looking 488, and an immense and equally beautiful Rolls Royce. But they also saw something that they had never seen before (in person). Pandora drew a crowd for that reason, as well as the fact that Tony, Kevin, Rodney, and Kenny did an amazing job with her.

Last edited by The Stig; 03-21-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like

The guy next to the Ferrari, was the owner. And boy was he proud of that car! He told story after story, some were almost believable, some were absolutely unbelievable. I started getting the impression that he was either the CEO of about 10 major global corporations, or an under cover double-naught spy... He had a story for every person and for every occasion. It made for an interesting day to say the least. The white 488 was his wife's car. And the Yellow 458 Speciale that you car see in the background was his...

This picture brought it home for me. Seeing the Pandora Name Plate, to me, means completion of the process.

There were times when there were a lot of people around the car, and then there were times that there were a couple here and there. But each time there were tons of questions, lots of wide eyes, and a ton of appreciation for the level of completion and fitment.

"Top rate", "Superior", "Coach built precision", and "Un-be-lievable" were words that were used. I never expected this sort of response. I'm not really sure that I knew what to expect, but it was nice to see that the effort and results were appreciated.

I didn't realize that talking about the car, the build, and the results, would be so much fun. I didn't even mind answering the same questions 100 times. (I'm not sure how much fun that would have been if I were there all three days answering the same question. But I guess I'll find out at the next show).

Lots of questions from lots of interested people.

Last edited by The Stig; 03-21-2017 at 08:25 AM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like

There were times that I would look up and see 5, 6, 10 people standing at the front of the car looking down. I started wondering what was wrong with the nose of the car... So when I walked around and saw that they were just reading the data card, I laughed at myself for being such a newbie in the car show world.

As soon as I walked up there with them, the questions started flying... "What kind of Ferrari is a Factory Five" was an actual question that one of the guys asked. He had just read the data card a couple of minutes before. Then he said that since it was parked between the other Ferrari's it made sense that it was a Ferrari also. I think he finally understood that it was a Factory Five GTM, component kit car, made in Wareham, MA, and built by me. I was also quick to point to Tony to give credit where it was absolutely due.

https://www.facebook.com/CaffeineAnd...1774057513234/

At around 4 o'clock, one of the event organizers for Caffeine & Octane stopped by to invite Pandora and Bill Phillips' SLC into a Super car party when the show ended for the day. It would be held at the beach-side courtyard at the Westin Hotel next to the Convention Center. The problem was that there was no direct access to the courtyard area where we would be parked... So we had to drive down the sidewalk between the beach and Hotel...

That was interesting.
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-21-2017 at 08:20 AM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like

At 6:15, we were lined up to get ready for our Super Car Parade down the Sidewalk. You can see the tail of Bill Phillips' SLC. That car got a TON of attention all day long. And for good reason. It is one of the best examples of what those cars can be, that you'll probably ever see.

https://www.facebook.com/CaffeineAnd...1358454221461/

It was pretty cool to be included in the group, and the cars looked great being displayed in such a cool spot.
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-21-2017 at 02:59 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like

What a great way to end the day, at our first show.

Though I have to admit, I spent most of the day worried about my wife and what she was dealing with all day, by herself, so that I could be in Jekyll Island realizing a dream (that we were supposed to share together).

Shortly after this picture was taken, I jumped in the car and drove back to Charlotte. I was able to be at the show Friday afternoon and Saturday; and I wanted to get home to my wife, just to make sure that she was Ok. She had had a very tough day, being at her Aunt's funeral, and hosting relatives afterwards. I knew that she had to be exhausted, and I just wanted to at least be at home with her, whether I could help or not.

I got home at 1:30 am, and was then able to appreciate the accomplishment of Pandora's first show.

A huge level of thanks and gratitude go out to Tony, and every person at Charlotte Speed Shop for helping me finally get Pandora done, and making sure that the results were exactly what I had always pictured in my mind's eye. She absolutely does: and then some.

Thank you to everyone here on the Forum. I appreciate you allowing me to share my small accomplishments here and there, as well as allowing me to vent when I needed to. (which seemed to be a lot lately). I had a clear picture in my head of what this GTM would eventually be, but You guys helped to keep me on track to my goals. Thank you for the help that you've given, as well as the friendships that you've extended. It has been absolutely appreciated.

But most of all, and above all else, I have to thank my wife Pam for supporting the decision to start such at huge project, and then stick with it with me in order to ultimately see it through. I'm not sure whether or not I could have stuck with this, if I didn't know that she was good with it, and wanted it for me. Pam you have always been, and always will be an amazing woman, the love of my life, my soulmate, and my best friend. Sweetheart, as the legendary Jack Nicholson once said to Dianne Lang, "You're not like anybody"...
    And Thank you for saying yes!

Now with that said, Pandora is like all other builds, in that they are never really "finished". There will always be something to take care of. But for all practical purposes, I'm calling her Finished.

This has been a great, fun, frustrating, and awesome learning experience. I've never taken on anything quite like this, at least not to this scale. To be at the point where I can say she's complete, is almost overwhelming to realize that I did it... That Pam & I did it. I finally know the satisfaction that so many others here have found at the end of their build journeys. And it feels good.

I have the registration process started, and should have tags on her very soon. Expect pictures, and a video (or two), when it that is done.

Thanks everyone,

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-22-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Low and mean. That Ferrari looks like it wants to eat at another buffet in comparison!
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    The Stig,

Congrats!!!! What a beautiful car! It's wonderful you got the recognition you richly deserve in building the car at your first show. Enjoy! As I travel thru Charlotte I will look for Pandora on the open road. All the best and have fun!

Len
    1972 Corvette Stingray 350 c.i. Manual Steering & Brakes
    2003 H-D Softail Deuce 88 c.i. TwinCam
    Gen 3 Coupe Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

I am very sorry to hear about Pam's aunt. A difficult time for her I am sure, although I admire her telling you to head out to be with Pandora!

Great pictures of her in her finest! She looks fantastic, just as you hoped all this time. I cannot imagine the various feelings you must have.

Congratulations on steering her to the finish line. I can't wait to see more of her in the shows that are coming up. However, I really can't wait to hear about your experiences on the road with that beautiful car!!

All the best!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Mike!

I was looking back through my emails, and it was 3 Apr 2010 when we first spoke and you sold me a gearbox. I think you were almost finished with Pandora then.

She looks great. Way to stick with it.

Now what am I going to follow on the internet?

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! The sunset pictures really show the difference in Pandora's paint and body work as compared to the SLC and even the Ferrari! Blacks/dark colors are so stunning when done right and polished up. Your car is definitely a show stopper. Way to represent the GTM community.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like

You Made It

Mike,

Just want to say congratulations on such a beautiful build.

Not many people understand the pride that you are filled with when you are able to reach, and cross the finish line, of one of the most complex projects that you'll ever experience.

I also want to throw out a huge shout out of appreciation to your lovely wife Pam, for giving you so much support in this endeavor. Without that support, from our wife's and girlfriends, a lot of these cars would never be started or completed. Pam is one of the best, and your one lucky dog.

Please keep this thread up, and tell us all about the future adventures that will surely come your way. (Besides if you end this thread, not sure what most of us will do, it's been a part of our lives for so long, I hate to have forum thread withdraws )

So cut yourself a big ole slice of Raisin Pie you really earned it, and I hope to see you and Pandora at Wareham in June for the Open House.

Thanks for the journey.

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    So cool, that thing is amazing, fun to look at.

Ride the wave, enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic looking machine - great work!
    Jonas

Check out our build blog - https://vjjfactoryfive.wordpress.com/
    FFR Type-65 Coupe 720
    London Ontario Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing your car selected to represent the elite and see it parked between two automotive icons......I can't imagine how great you must feel!!
    Congratulations on sticking with it and congrats on having such a great woman in your life.
    I second the motion to keep the thread up and keep updating us. I sold my FFR a year ago. I just come here to lurk and check your build updates now. LOL!
    Please bring her to Atlanta to Caffeine and Octane. She may get selected for their tv show on Velocity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    Low and mean. That Ferrari looks like it wants to eat at another buffet in comparison!
    One of the things that I heard over and over during the day at the show, was "I can't believe how low that GTM sits, compared to the Ferraris".

Quote Originally Posted by Vette1972 View Post
    The Stig,

Congrats!!!! What a beautiful car! It's wonderful you got the recognition you richly deserve in building the car at your first show. Enjoy! As I travel thru Charlotte I will look for Pandora on the open road. All the best and have fun!

Len
    Hi Len, You never know... You may just be surprised to see a dark blue GTM driving by while you're driving around Charlotte. I certainly plan to put some miles on her as I am able to, in order to make sure that everything is working as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Mike-

I am very sorry to hear about Pam's aunt. A difficult time for her I am sure, although I admire her telling you to head out to be with Pandora!

Great pictures of her in her finest! She looks fantastic, just as you hoped all this time. I cannot imagine the various feelings you must have.

Congratulations on steering her to the finish line. I can't wait to see more of her in the shows that are coming up. However, I really can't wait to hear about your experiences on the road with that beautiful car!!

All the best!

Regards,

Steve
    Thank you Steve. I can't even begin to describe the emotions that I've been through over the past couple of weeks. Seeing Pandora in her public debut, was a project milestone high, without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitetrain View Post
    Congrats Mike!

I was looking back through my emails, and it was 3 Apr 2010 when we first spoke and you sold me a gearbox. I think you were almost finished with Pandora then.

She looks great. Way to stick with it.

Now what am I going to follow on the internet?

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I'm glad to know that you're still around! Pam asked whether I had heard from you lately.

When I talked about friendships extended through this forum, my friendship with you is certainly highly appreciated.

We hope that you and your family are doing well. Please keep in touch.

If you can get uncle Sam to let you borrow the F-15 for a couple of days, maybe you could consider a trip to Pinehurst... Say around May 5th & 6th?

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Wow! The sunset pictures really show the difference in Pandora's paint and body work as compared to the SLC and even the Ferrari! Blacks/dark colors are so stunning when done right and polished up. Your car is definitely a show stopper. Way to represent the GTM community.
    Wow, Thank you Mike. I appreciate the kind words. I am proud of how this project has turned out. We finally turned the corner, and was able to get it finished up. It took a bit longer than I had ever expected, but she ended up exactly as I had planned. So I guess it was worth the wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Presto51 View Post
    Mike,

Just want to say congratulations on such a beautiful build.

Not many people understand the pride that you are filled with when you are able to reach, and cross the finish line, of one of the most complex projects that you'll ever experience.

I also want to throw out a huge shout out of appreciation to your lovely wife Pam, for giving you so much support in this endeavor. Without that support, from our wife's and girlfriends, a lot of these cars would never be started or completed. Pam is one of the best, and your one lucky dog.

Please keep this thread up, and tell us all about the future adventures that will surely come your way. (Besides if you end this thread, not sure what most of us will do, it's been a part of our lives for so long, I hate to have forum thread withdraws )

So cut yourself a big ole slice of Raisin Pie you really earned it, and I hope to see you and Pandora at Wareham in June for the Open House.

Thanks for the journey.

Ron
    Thank you Ron; from Pam as well as myself. Don't worry. I'll be around for a little while longer. There are a few more things on the list that I hope to document here.

Quote Originally Posted by fastthings View Post
    So cool, that thing is amazing, fun to look at.

Ride the wave, enjoy.
    You know... I've had the same thoughts lately. I can't stand near it without staring like a little kid. It may look goofy to people around me, but I feel as though I've earned the right.

Quote Originally Posted by SingleMaltWSKY View Post
    Fantastic looking machine - great work!
    Thank you Sir. It's amazing how much fun & satisfaction came from crossing that imaginary "finish line".

Quote Originally Posted by JL1958 View Post
    Seeing your car selected to represent the elite and see it parked between two automotive icons......I can't imagine how great you must feel!!
    Congratulations on sticking with it and congrats on having such a great woman in your life.
    I second the motion to keep the thread up and keep updating us. I sold my FFR a year ago. I just come here to lurk and check your build updates now. LOL!
    Please bring her to Atlanta to Caffeine and Octane. She may get selected for their tv show on Velocity.
    Thank you!

I would imagine that there will be a time that Pandora would be at the Caffeine and Octane (Atlanta) show. But we'll have to wait and see when that will be. We may be a little busy until around fall. So that could be a good time to bring her down.

I really appreciate to positive comments. You guys really are the best.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-25-2017 at 09:54 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mike,

Did you see the review from Dave Smith?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...36&__tn__=%2As
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Procision-Auto View Post
    Mike,

Nice write-up. Congratulations again!

Funny, my wife and I saw that same candy red GTM at the London show years ago, I had just started my roadster. My wife looked at it and said "That's the one you should build next!" I bet Dave and the guys were building that demo car and someone said, "We better paint this thing a color that the women can't resist... That's how we'll sell a ton of them!"
    Last edited by beeman; 04-01-2017 at 07:51 AM.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Procision-Auto View Post
    Mike,

Hi Buddy. Yes, I received an e-mail a week or so ago, after my "completion" post, that they wanted to do a post regarding Pandora. They asked whether or not I had some pictures that I could send, as well as a summary in regard to the build history. So, I put together a few pictures and wrote a summary that gave a brief history.

Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    Nice write-up. Congratulations again!

Funny, my wife and I saw that same candy red GTM at the London show years ago, I had just started my roadster. My wife looked at it and said "That's the one you should build next!" I bet Dave and the guys were building that demo car and someone said, "We better paint this thing a color that the women can't resist... That's how we'll sell a ton of them!"
    Thank you Sir.

The Red LS-7 GTM, was definitely an eye catcher, and it apparently did it's job well. I don't know what the total GTM count is at this point, but I think it's around 450 - 500.

I have been absolutely surprised that there weren't at least twice that number sold. It is a truly beautiful design.

The final statement by Dave was to make a point in terms of how to start a project like this...

"Congratulations to Michael on a job well done. It's not just a sales pitch, it's really true that starting a fresh build with new parts is usually easier than starting with a partially built car. In any event, Mike's GTM is a true family heirloom and a beautiful example of craftsmanship and dedication.

Dave Smith
    President"

I truly appreciate the kind words from Dave Smith in his post.

To be clear, while I did start this build with a kit that I purchased from a previous owner, this car was completely disassembled, down to the bare frame. From that point I sorted through every part, and determined which parts that I wanted to use going forward, and those that I would replace. As it turned out, everything on this car is new, including a new set of upper and lower control arms / bushings, uprights, hubs, and ball joints that I plan to install at a later date. (That will more than likely take place this winter, if I still own the car).

Thanks for the kind words.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 04-01-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    The Charlotte Auto Fair. April 7th, 8th, and 9th. (Charlotte Motor Speedway)

Pandora & Bill Phillip's SLC will be shown as part of a group of cars from Tony at Charlotte Speed Shop.

Chip Foose will be at the show, and will apparently be judging for Best Vendor / Builder / and Paint.

If you can be there, please stop by and say hello, meet Tony and the guys from the shop.

Pam & I are looking forward to it, and hope to meet some of you there.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 04-01-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be there, not sure which day yet. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. Congrats Mike.
    Last edited by carbon fiber; 04-02-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Stig! Your car looks amazing and showed well with those exotics. Still amazes me how low the GTM is compared to other super cars. I'm going to have to find some time to view your car in person. Great job, glad you stuck it out until the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like me and the whole family will be there Friday morning, can't wait to see Pandora and meet you and Pam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

Glad that you, Pam, and Pandora will be at the Charlotte Auto Fair. I know Pandora will be a huge hit! I had planned on being there, and hoped to see you and Pandora in person. However, number one son decided to get married that weekend. Pretty darned insensitive of him if you ask me!

I look forward to catching up with you at a later date. As far as Pandora, as I have said before that I have run out of superlatives, so I will just say that she looks stunning, and I will try to uncover a few more adjectives for when I see her in person!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I spent the afternoon detailing Pandora's Engine Bay for the car show this weekend.

I wish I had thought to take a "before" picture. She had about 2 years worth of shop dust that had accumulated.

Wayne Carini (Chasing Classic Cars) would have absolutely drooled. He seems to like the whole "Barn Dust" & "Patina" look.

Pandora had her "Barn Dust & Patina" look going on. I don't like that look... So now she doesn't have it any longer!

Last edited by The Stig; 04-03-2017 at 09:39 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    At least she'll look presentable if we open the hatch. The wing has to be removed before the hatch can be opened. So, we may just leave the hatch closed, unless someone specifically asks to see the engine...

Oh well, she's all cleaned up and ready to shine.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 04-03-2017 at 09:35 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

Pandora is fabulous! Hope to get there on Sunday.

Len
    1972 Corvette Stingray 350 c.i. Manual Steering & Brakes
    2003 H-D Softail Deuce 88 c.i. TwinCam
    Gen 3 Coupe Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Brown View Post
    Congrats Stig! Your car looks amazing and showed well with those exotics. Still amazes me how low the GTM is compared to other super cars. I'm going to have to find some time to view your car in person. Great job, glad you stuck it out until the end.
    Thank you Cory. I appreciate it. You and I both have been at it for a while. I look forward to crossing paths with you and sharing a favorite beverage & war stories.

Quote Originally Posted by tucker298 View Post
    looks like me and the whole family will be there Friday morning, can't wait to see Pandora and meet you and Pam.
    Hi Brent,

That's awesome! It'll be great to meet you and your family. If you would like, I'll bring the carbon fiber rockers with me, and you can take them home with you. Otherwise I can bring them to Pinehurst on the first week of May.

Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    I'll be there, not sure which day yet. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. Congrats Mike.
    Hi Jason, I look forward to seeing you there. I think you're going to like the way the hatch turned out. I am stoked every time I look at the car, and I see how nice it looks, and enhances the lines of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Mike-

Glad that you, Pam, and Pandora will be at the Charlotte Auto Fair. I know Pandora will be a huge hit! I had planned on being there, and hoped to see you and Pandora in person. However, number one son decided to get married that weekend. Pretty darned insensitive of him if you ask me!

I look forward to catching up with you at a later date. As far as Pandora, as I have said before that I have run out of superlatives, so I will just say that she looks stunning, and I will try to uncover a few more adjectives for when I see her in person!

Regards,

Steve
    LOL, Don't be too rough on him Steve. In time, I'm sure you'll realize that you would really rather be there with him!
    There will be plenty of time for us to get together for your personal Pandora tour.

Enjoy the day, and Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vette1972 View Post
    Mike,

Pandora is fabulous! Hope to get there on Sunday.

Len
    Thank you Len! I hope to see you on Sunday.
    Last edited by The Stig; 04-03-2017 at 10:43 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I was able to spend some time cleaning up the front of the car for the show.

Tomorrow, I get to work on the Interior, and the Wheels... They need some help too.

Tony is coming back in and buffing/polishing the body tonight, I think. It may be tomorrow... but she'll be ready to go by Thursday.

I think we got the over heating problem figured out. The overflow tanks for the radiator, had a 16 psi cap. Since it is at the lowest level of the cooling system tanks, there is a bit of pressure (more than 16 psi) to get the coolant to the engine/heads and then up to the header tank (the highest point of the system).

We were seeing coolant come out of the radiator overflow, neck drain. So I decided to try a higher pressure cap. We went to a 32 lb cap.

So far, it seems to have fixed the problem.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 04-04-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast