Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New roadster kit coming

Post Thanks / Like

New roadster kit coming

My roadster is coming end of Feb. I am trying to get my garage set up for the baby. Wondering what to do with the body while I do my build? Looking at pics. I see many people have the body on some kind of wood stand. Is this something they make? Where do they get the dimensions for the fabrication of the stand? I assume it needs a certain amount of support as it sits around for a year. I also noticed one that was suspended from the ceiling, a nice use of space. Again still requires some specific support points I think. Anyone have some advise on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Your roadster delivery should include the manual unless you already have it. It has the info. you need to build your body buck. I used Stan's revised body buck because I overthink things and his fits the new Mk4 curves better. See link below and look for the pdf. file with Stan's body buck. He also talks about hanging the body.

Were are you located?

I also made a chassis dolly that really helps out. Especially for me since my build has a very long schedule.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...-buck-mk4.html

Chassisdolly[1].jpg

FFR Mk4.JPG

Remember to post photos when you new addition arrives

Luis

Post Thanks / Like
    SOmeone may even have a body buck they could lend or give to you, post something here ad the wanted adds. You never know. I got my 1 st body buck from a guy nearby for free! Congrats on your order, post some pic. We like pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Join a local Cobra Club, there's usually 1 or 2 body bucks floating around in the club.
    It's also a great resource for your build.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    I left my body outside for about 16 months, sitting on the buck. Doesn't hurt it, just make sure it is properly supported.