BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR MKII Roadster 4969K, premium build with 351W, almost ready for YOUR paint

Gas Fume Philosopher AJ Roadster NJ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

FFR MKII Roadster 4969K, premium build with 351W, almost ready for YOUR paint

CAR IS SOLD. Thanks for looking.

Due to continuing unemployment I must sell my Roadster. Pick your color(s), the car is almost ready for paint. The motor is VERY healthy and the go kart is very drivable. Still on the Factory Five Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin, with my name on it. There are no liens of any kind on this car or the associated parts. I own a truck and while I do not own a trailer, I can probably line one up to deliver the car within a reasonable distance.

This is a premium build, with a motor targeted to come in at perhaps 420 bhp or so, with an extremely strong, plateu-like torque curve. The entire drivetrain, including the transmission, is brand new and upgraded to tolerate that kind of power.

I am attaching an engine picture here, but literally have hundreds of pics. Please PM me and I’ll send you pics of whatever you would like to see.

I have $34k in receipts.

Thanks for looking.

MKII FFR Roadster, FFR4969K, purchased in January 2004. 4 link rear suspension, dual chrome rollbars, chrome quickjacks front and rear, 4-into-4 exhaust (with Hooker headers that actually fit very nicely), American Autowire harness and fusebox, windshield wipers, sunvisors, windwings, the top-of-the-line black leather steel-frame seats, old school Stewart Warner gauges. All the parts that came with the kit but aren’t attached yet (such as elephant ears and nose aluminum) go with the kit, and also all the stuff I’ve bought for the car (examples; insulation, Bentley carpeting, Loback auger mufflers) go with the car as well.

Current status. Go kart is essentially complete (and VERY fun to drive), body is on, and final pre-paint fitment of body panels and accessories is almost complete. The car is just about ready for paint and carpet. Still needs wiring for the front clip (lights, fan) and final wiring behind the dash.

Engine and peripherals. 351W, D5 (1975) block, cleaned up. Crank was machined and magnafluxed. Main caps are original to the block, but absolutely everything else is new – American Eagle stock replacement rods; Keith Black pistons; Speed Pro plasma rings; Autolite plugs; Dart Pro1 aluminum heads (valves/springs installed by Dart); Comp Cams retrofit hydraulic roller cam (lift .513/.513, duration 224° intake and 230° exhaust at .050 lift), 110° lobe separation), lifters, and Pro Magnum needle bearing rocker arms; MSD ignition (6AL box, Pro Billet distributor, Blaster 2 coil, Superconductor wires); Clevite bearings; ARP fasteners throughout, with stainless hex head bolts on all visible exterior bolts; Weiand Stealth dual plane manifold; Barry Grant Speed Demon 650 (mechanical secondaries, no choke) carb; K&N XStream filter; Holley competition mechanical fuel pump; Quality Roadster oil pan (baffled for road racing, and low profile for FFR frame clearance); Energy Suspension motor mounts; FelPro gaskets throughout; Summit high-torque mini-starter with integral solenoid; chrome 1-wire alternator; Griffin aluminum radiator; Stage 8 locking header bolts. I have temporarily hand-tuned it on the rich side to be safe, I would’ve taken it to a speed shop for expert tuning prior to inspection and can recommend one locally. (Every part in this category is brand new except the block, crank, and main caps.)

Drivetrain. Ram aluminum flywheel; Ford King Cobra clutch; McCleod SFI-approved blowproof bellhousing (modified as usual for FFR frame clearance at the bottom); Tremec 3550 5-speed transmission; Pro50 shifter; Forte custom driveshaft; Ford Racing Fox-width rear end with 3.55:1 gears and 5-lug conversion. (Every part in this category is brand new.)

Wheels/Tires. 15” Team III Halibrand replicas with center spinners and lug covers, centers painted dark grey using Eastwood wheel paint. Cooper C0bra tires, 235/60R15 front, 295/50R15 rear. (All new.)

Fuel system. Breeze EZPak fuel – new tank, sender, pickup, gaskets, filler neck, hose, and straps. (Everything new here except the black plastic tank cover, which I bought used and repainted using flexible plastic semi-gloss black paint.)

Steering. Breeze EZPak steer – new Flaming River 15:1 quick ratio rack, offset bushings, and gorgeous ragjoint eliminator. (All new.)

Brakes. Breeze EZPak brakes – new Lincoln 5-lug rotors in front, reconditioned calipers powder-coated silver, new Hawk high-performance pads, ’84 Jeep master cylinder, stock Fox rear drums (5 lug conversion); all new rear drum hardware, wheel cylinders, and stock Ford pads. (Mostly new parts here, but the reconditioned front calipers and the rear drum backing plates are used.)

Suspension. Designed to be firm, yet not rattle the fillings out of your teeth. The more recent Koni fully adjustable coilovers front (FFR p/n 14676) and rear (p/n 14675); the front lower control arms and rear upper control arms are from the Ford Racing catalog, stock replacements but with much stiffer rubber bushings; the rear LCAs are stock Fox body Mustang, new car takeoffs. (Everything new in this category except the slightly used rear LCAs.)

Other Stuff. A variety of nice trim bits from Mike Everson, including trunk support kit with struts, front and rear license plate brackets, polished aluminum rollbar bezels (both sides), weatherstripping, and pedal box including modified brake pedal; Breeze “Russ Thompson” gas pedal, battery relocation kit (battery over passenger footbox), Street Performer adjustable seat mounts; AC Ace cast clutch and brake pedals from **********; Forte clutch quadrant and red anodized aluminum firewall adjuster; other finishing bits such as “427 C0bra Powered by Ford” side emblems and C0bra deck emblems. 5.5 yards of gorgeous Bentley black carpet, still rolled, is enough for the interior and trunk. Some insulation is installed and the unused rolls go with the car. 2 unopened gallons of FeatherFill sanding primer (with catalyst) go with the car. Loback auger-style replacement mufflers (still in the box) go with the car.

I'm sure I've forgotten something. Thank you again for looking.

AJ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AJ Roadster NJ; 04-23-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Sale pending

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well, someone is going to get a great hot rod. Sorry about your difficulty. Hope things turn around and you end up in another roadster. Good luck. WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    AJ-

I am so sorry to see that your dream is temporarily coming to an end/brief hiatus! Your car is simply beautiful, and I can only imagine the dedication and tireless efforts that have gone into building her!

I wish you luck in your sale (it is one hell of a deal!!), and that your work situation resolves itself very quickly; even before the sale goes through!!

She would look awesome in my garage ;-o)

Best of luck in all sincerity!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to hear about your situation, the work on your MkII so far is absolutely beautiful. Heartbreaker for sure, hope you land on your feet soon and you get to keep her, I can see your heart and soul in that engine compartment .......
    Cowards are vile, vicious and vindictive in private, but innocent and charming in front of witnesses; no-one can, or wants to believe this individual has a vindictive nature - only the current target of the coward's aggression sees both sides.

Stress filled occasions do not make heroes or cowards; they simply unveil them to the eyes of men .........................

Post Thanks / Like

Adding some pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Hosting a large group of large photos on the forum is unweildy. I have created a set of six emails with careful descriptions and over 20 photos that really help tell the story of this car. To receive a set, send your email address to me; aj "at" andrewjohnsoninc "dot" com.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had a few requests to post a video of the car actually running and driving, so here we go;

AJ
    Last edited by AJ Roadster NJ; 03-03-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Car is sold. Thanks for looking.
    AJ
    Last edited by AJ Roadster NJ; 04-23-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi AJ
    I have sent you an email requesting more pictures.
    Please send to anders DOT martensson AT rapidgranulator DOT se

Cheers
    Anders

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Anders,

I received your email, and sent all 12 emails with pictures and descriptions about an hour ago. If you still haven't received them in a few hours, let me know and I'll re-send.

Regards,

AJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Will, I received your email this morning but am concerned that you may not be receiving my replies. I did reply to you yesterday and again this morning. If you see this and still don't have an email reply from me, please call me at your convenience -- nine seven three, two five two, eight six nine six. Car is still available.

Thanks.

AJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey AJ I thought it was strange I hadn't heard back. Right now I'm in the middle of the carribean sea on a cruise. I'm sorry I missed your emails. We don't arrive to land until Tuesday but you can try my work email. Grlopezmd at gmail dot com. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear from you Will. I forwarded yesterday's email to the new address. Enjoy your voyage!!

AJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Sale pending and I am therefore taking the car off the market.

There has been a significant amount of interest in this car and a lot of interesting email banter behind the scenes with all the prospective buyers about the technical details behind the car. I want to thank everyone for that, the conversation has been great.

I also want to give a special tip of the hat to one forum member who actually had plane tickets to come and see the car, but lost out in the race to get here first. I was unable to hold the car for him, but he was extremely gracious about the situation. He proved to me one more time (as if I actually needed it) what a great bunch of guys the FFR family is.

Speaking of great guys, the new owner of FFR4969K is one as well, but I'm going to let him introduce himself here instead of stealing his thunder.

I will update this thread one more time after we conclude the sale in about two weeks, but the sale is solid and I do not expect the car to come available again.

Thanks everyone.

AJ

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations to both of you!! WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Car is sold. Thanks for looking.