Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Serpentine Belt Idler Fix

Post Thanks / Like

Serpentine Belt Idler Fix

I know there has been much discussion and modifications shown in the past to try to beef up the idler pulley attached to the FFR Alternator bracket. This has been known to bend over time, causing (at best) the belt to squeal, and (at worst) the belt to walk completely off the pulley....leaving you stranded on the side of the road. I finally got tired of "rigging" stuff up to try to support this so I broke down and took the time to come up with what I think is a more "proper" fix for the situation. The only modification that needs to be done is the aluminum "tube/spacer" that slides over the bolt needs to be cut in two. No additional parts to buy. (turn-buckles/bolts/nuts/spacers, etc) Also, this fix stabalizes the bolt both vertically and horizontally:

The plates are made from 14ga steel. The larger plate has round bolt holes, while the smaller plate has slotted holes so that you can position the pulley bolt exatly where you want it, tighten up the 2 bolts that hold the 2 halves together and it will lock the position of the pulley bolt in place.

Very simple and small plates for me to make, so equally inexpensive for me to sell. I will include both of the plates (unpainted) and the grade 8 bolts, washers and nuts that hold them together. Water-pump bolts are re-used. Price will be $17 plus shipping. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts