Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: One heck of a donor for sale, who wants it

Post Thanks / Like

One heck of a donor for sale, who wants it

Found this on NASIOC, he's selling an 02 WRX with a spun rod bearing, already has a 30k mile STI 2.5L shortblock ready to replace it so he's dumping the car plus the new shortblock for 5 grand, the car by itself for 4 grand. It's been sitting on NASIOC for weeks now and I can't take it anymore, you're basically buying a perfect donor with 2 blocks!

The seller is in Dothan, AL. For 800 bucks you can probably have the car shipped just about anywhere. Then parting out the non-donor parts would net more than the cost of shipping. It's a no brainer.

YOU CAN NOT BEAT THIS DEAL! I want it for myself but I'm too far off from getting an 818 to justify.

Yes, it looks like an 04/05 because he swapped the front end for an 04/05 STI but it's an 02. He's somewhere in the southeast, someone please buy this car!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2304989

I sat the guy that bought this car down last night and had a heart to heart and convinced him to let me reverse our transaction instead of going through with the motor build as I just do not have time.

I am going to be losing at least $1500 on this so I would like fair prices.

Car will come with a new EJ257 STI block with 30k miles on it the replace the 2.0 that is in it now.

Long story short, the stock 2.0, I believe, has a rod bolt that is coming loose. Nothing is broke yet, but it started knocking.

Goods:
    EJ257 Short block to make a Hybrid powerhouse (labor not included)

04-05 WRX STI front end conversion

06 WRX Rear bumper (paint and buy tails to complete conversion)

Misc suspension and engine parts including Perrin Sways, Endlinks, STI suspension, New Gates timing belt, etc.

Bad:

You will have to build the motor using the new EJ257 block and everything else from the stock WRX motor. This combination makes good power because of the bumped compression. The only thing you would need to purchase would probably be a gasket kit.

1 of the rear STI shocks is clunking.

I'm asking $5000.00 for the whole think with ej257 or $4000 without ej257 OBO. The car can be easily worth 10k if you take the time to build the engine, plus I just spent $1500 on the ej257 block.

IMG_20120121_112229.jpg

Part Out:
    WRX Transmission: $800.00
    WRX Engine full longblock (spun bearing): $1000.00
    WRX rear diff: $400.000
    04-05 front end swap: $1000.00
    Rolling Chassis w front end: $2500
    Rolling chassis w/o front end: $1500.00

ej257 short block (35k miles): $1200.00
    SRS Turbocback exhaust (10 miles on it): $425.00

Prices are picked up only. Shipping is extra.

Other parts make inquiry.
    Last edited by BrandonDrums; 03-09-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going N/A. Thanks for the tip, though. As kits become available, sharing Deals of a Lifetime will become more popular.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bromikl View Post
    I'm going N/A. Thanks for the tip, though. As kits become available, sharing Deals of a Lifetime will become more popular.
    Yeah, the timing is a bit off but considering a few WRX's have been bought already for the idea of an 818 donor, I thought for sure there would be more interest.

N/A is a great idea, might be something I'll do given the funding when the time comes.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Brandon,

I put a link of a 05 Legacy on one of the threads and there was NC which I thought was strange but maybe it is too early. Well, it isn't too early for me. I am on a serious search for a great deal. I will hope to get something local though. WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought about using my wifes 04 Legacy for a donor, decided just to put it up for sale at below dealer trade, let someone else use it as a DD then swap it in for the kit.

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
    Thought about using my wifes 04 Legacy for a donor, decided just to put it up for sale at below dealer trade, let someone else use it as a DD then swap it in for the kit.

Bill S.
    Has the Legacy been confirmed as usable? I'm looking at my donor options and they look pretty slim. I'm probably going to have to drive 500+ miles to find a WRX sedan because the ricers in my area are driving up the prices to stupid levels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    There is some discussion about the feasibility of other donors in another topic. Short answer is that the legacy is likely but we are not sure since the parts list is incomplete.

I would hella pick this up if i had the standing around money.

Post Thanks / Like
    At this time an educated guess is that the '90-'99 Legacies and Outbacks will be good donors. Only the length is significantly different than the Impreza platform.

The rear suspension changes for the '00-'04 Legacies and Outbacks make them drivetrain and "front half" only donors.

The removal of the traditional Subaru front crossmember from the '05+ Legacies and Outbacks make them drivetrain only donors.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's good to know. The '99 Legacy uses the EJ25D; 165HP isn't bad for a NA 4 banger I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhyrraM View Post
    At this time an educated guess is that the '90-'99 Legacies and Outbacks will be good donors. Only the length is significantly different than the Impreza platform.

The rear suspension changes for the '00-'04 Legacies and Outbacks make them drivetrain and "front half" only donors.

The removal of the traditional Subaru front crossmember from the '05+ Legacies and Outbacks make them drivetrain only donors.
    That being said, the listing I posted is still a heck of a deal. 5k for a donor with two engine blocks?! I bet if you parted out all the non-useable aftermarket suspension goodies and other parted compnonets you'd net a big turbo donor for like 2500-3k with this posting. A leggy or outback donor would be the same price and probably lacking the engine performance mods that this has.

Regardless, I think Leggy, Forester and Impreza models at one point or another would work as direct donors for the 818 with the possible exclusion of the dash. If the 818 doesn't use the OEM dash, I bet all of those would be just fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    so checked Jim's vid from SEMA and he mentioned that the dash will be partially customized with an OEM gauge cluster and e brake. The website pretty much corroborates this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonDrums View Post
    That being said, the listing I posted is still a heck of a deal. 5k for a donor with two engine blocks?!
    I have the cash on hand, I've been trying to talk the wife into it. If it wasn't 12 hours away from me I'd already have it sitting in my garage. Apparently if your wife is 4 weeks away from having your child you're not allowed to leave the state.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuul View Post
    I have the cash on hand, I've been trying to talk the wife into it. If it wasn't 12 hours away from me I'd already have it sitting in my garage. Apparently if your wife is 4 weeks away from having your child you're not allowed to leave the state.
    More like not being allowed to leave a 1h drive radius around the hospital. My baby turned one month yesterday lol.

I looked it up, you can actually get the car shipped for about 700 bucks or less just about anywhere in the US. You can make up 700 bucks easy...

Post Thanks / Like
    What company were you using for that? The one that ebay motors recommends was waaaaay too expensive. It was 800 plus another 200 to go pick it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shinn497 View Post
    so checked Jim's vid from SEMA and he mentioned that the dash will be partially customized with an OEM gauge cluster and e brake. The website pretty much corroborates this.
    I'm thinking that whatever WRX/Impreza donor parts are needed that don't have equivalents in Legacy/Forester/Outback will be easy to come by. Say a Subie guy is parting a Wrecked Rex, he wasn't ever expecting to get a buyer for the dash, or that odd hinge that gets reused someplace in the 818. Those parts he'll sell you cheap.

So long as you don't mind going non-single donor, I don't see why these other cars would be much trouble to use as donors.