Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The california registration process for SB100

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No appointment needed.

Just a whole bunch of time.

I'd get there @ 6 and wait for it to open.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

2. Thanks lewma thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Finally got someone on the phone at CHP. Got an appointment for Aug 13th. She said no walk-ins accepted. So that gives me from now to Aug13th to get to the DMV first which I believe is step 1 ?
    Build 1: Mk4 Complete Kit #9312 Ordered 1/27/18, Delivered 3/24/18, CA SB100 Registered 9/11/19 - Gen 2 Coyote TKO600, IRS, Power Steering, Wilwood Brakes, 17" Halibrand
    Build 2: Gen3 Coupe Complete Kit #309 Ordered 1/25/21, Delivered 6/9/21 - BluePrint GM 427 LS T56, IRS, AC, Power Steering

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,
    I'm considering buying a 33 that is titled in another state as a "2015" car, and then registering it in California. I've read through this post, and others, and do not see this particular situation discussed, so I thought I would post the question here. If it is titled in a different state as a "2015," and I buy it and bring it here, then does that mean it will be titled and registered here in California as a 2015 and then subject to 2015 smog standards? It seems like that is what would happen, but I wanted to ask and get an opinion from perhaps someone who has done it? I assume that once it is titled in this way in another state, that I cannot start over here in California and go through the SB100 process discussed above and get it titled and registered based on body style, and thus smog exempt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone for their input on this topic. I'm hoping to get started on this soon. My biggest concern is, as a former Ca state employee (not DMV), I'm very familiar with everybody having different interpretations of the rules.

6. Thanks Mrallsport32 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The PDF file is no longer available on the above link. Does anyone have a copy that you could share? I had bookmarked it years ago but forgot to save a copy!
    MKIV complete kit #8523, IRS, Coyote Engine, TKO 600, 3.55 rear end, PS, and a whole lot more! Graduated in May 2021.

Post Thanks / Like

SB100 on previous out of state titled and registered vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse B. View Post
    Hello,
    I'm considering buying a 33 that is titled in another state as a "2015" car, and then registering it in California. I've read through this post, and others, and do not see this particular situation discussed, so I thought I would post the question here. If it is titled in a different state as a "2015," and I buy it and bring it here, then does that mean it will be titled and registered here in California as a 2015 and then subject to 2015 smog standards? It seems like that is what would happen, but I wanted to ask and get an opinion from perhaps someone who has done it? I assume that once it is titled in this way in another state, that I cannot start over here in California and go through the SB100 process discussed above and get it titled and registered based on body style, and thus smog exempt?
    I have the same question as Jesse B had...Does anyone have experience on this matter?
    Thanks,
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    All of my SPCN registered cars have the year and the year first registered. When you get the BAR sticker, that will have the smog testing information. If you are registering a car that is a replica of a 1965 or older or a total custom build, then the state will smog it to the 1965 standard. Pretty much all you need is a PVC to the intake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good info thanks for sharing. this has been one of my biggest concerns about building a Kit car here in California. the DMV visit is a little ways down the road yet I`m just now starting the process of ordering my Type 65 Daytona Coupe from FFR
    I`m right next store to you here in Mission Viejo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Not to hijack anything in this thread, but here's my notes from playing with the DMV in CA

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...0-Registration

It should complement all the help already given in this thread

mark
    Build 1: Mk4 Complete Kit #9312 Ordered 1/27/18, Delivered 3/24/18, CA SB100 Registered 9/11/19 - Gen 2 Coyote TKO600, IRS, Power Steering, Wilwood Brakes, 17" Halibrand
    Build 2: Gen3 Coupe Complete Kit #309 Ordered 1/25/21, Delivered 6/9/21 - BluePrint GM 427 LS T56, IRS, AC, Power Steering

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12