Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kudos to the FFR mold shop on the new Coupe!

Post Thanks / Like

Kudos to the FFR mold shop on the new Coupe!

Great job guys! Only 6 hours into the body work on the main body and it is already apparent that my job will be much easier than those before me. Only a few areas that will require much Rage Gold. Hopefully you guys nailed the new doors like you did the body.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, let us know about the new doors, I'm sure there are a few interested builder waiting to hear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Coupe arrived 3/10/2011 and I'm still going over the inventory.

I love going out to my assembly factory (garage) where I examine the various pieces of what will become a work of art

I have spent time looking over the body (coupe # 512) and I can proudly say the finish quality has significantly improved since #71.
    Appears (from what I can remember) the body has been strengthen/thickened in several key areas as well as additional body side contours below the side pipe coves. Oh, and yes the mold seams are, in my opinion priceless!

Yeah, Kudos and then some!

Looking at the re-design of the door hinge it appears not only to be very stout but also highly adjustable.

Rear "glass" is now standard, Sweet!

Roll cage improvements, diagonal bar and re-enforced floor pan and redesign of front suspension attachment points.

Improved suspension components, shocks, complete IRS axle assemblies.

My initial impression with my second coupe is the folks at Factory Five are really doing what they say they want to do.

Provide a quality product at an affordable price.

Good job and Thank You!

Rich

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Rich, that's great to hear. They have been doing great improvements over the years on the roadster it's nice seeing the coupe getting the same well deserved treatment!. Thanks FFR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to here this as well. I remember what a bear it was to get the body right on Slither.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now have both doors on. I have about 5 hours per door on the fitting. Passenger door was much easier than the drivers door as the drivers door needed a good amount of shimming. Not complaining, just giving facts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the hood still need to be cut up to fit?

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see in my photo, I had to cut the lower part of the hood near the pontoons to get the hood to close properly. Really didn't want to do it, but figured it was the easiest way to go. Once I cut off the small section, hood fit very nicely. Will glass the trimmed out pieces back in this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know that all of us with grey bodies hate you right?
    If my body was that good I'd probably tackle it myself - instead I'm going to ship it off. So for those keeping score, this new body drops thousands off of the finished car cost, or at least it does in my case.