Ok guys, as mentioned before on FFCars, I receive notification in advance from Fleetweek.org on the Coronado Speed Festival dates................ And here they are:

Thursday, Sept. 20 - Coronado Village Car Procession
Sat/Sun, Sept. 22/23 - Fleet Week Speed Festival

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On another note, Last years Car Corral entry proved to be nightmarish and I acted on that notifying the organizers about it. I received ZERO follow up. Upon receiving the e-mail notification of this years event schedule, I replied with the following:

Alex,

My name is Marshall and I am a member of a Cobra replica club that has shown in the past Coronado Speed Festivals. Last year, an issue was brought to my attention. I submitted an e-mail to Cody and received no follow up. Below is the e-mail that was sent. PLEASE see if something can be done to resolve this issue or have those responsible in that area shoot me an e-mail.

Thank you,

Marshall Corrie

Cody,

I was just wondering, was there any action taken as per the e-mail that I sent on 9/27/11 at 9:27 a.m. that read:

“Cody,

I want to thank you for updating me/us on the Coronado Speed Festival. I have an issue that was brought to my attention by members of a Cobra replica club that I belong to. It seems that while waiting to gain access to the Car Corral, others wanting to enter were able to purchase tickets while those with tickets in hand had the luxury of waiting for up to 40 minutes for the traffic to clear. This resulted in a couple of minor mechanical issues (idle vehicles overheating). For future events, could there be a separate place to have Corral tickets purchased which would allow those with pre purchased tickets to enter in a timely manner, vise waiting for those who didn’t plan ahead?”

Any info on the matter would be greatly appreciated so I can relay it to my fellow enthusiasts.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SoGents, when I hear from these organizers, I will post up what is sent to me. Hopefully things will be resolved.

Initial contact made:

Less than an hour after sending my first e-mail yesterday, I received this:

Hi Marshall –

Let me do some digging for you. Cody is on leave for a few more weeks after birth of her child. I will get with her and Car Club folks and see what I can learn.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My reply:

Alex,
Thanx for the reply. I have been to the Festival a few times and know the layout of the entrance. I believe that there is enough "real estate" to have both a line for pre-paid Car Corral entrants as well as a line for purchasing tickets that funnels into the other line after ticket's in hand. Or, have a second line (off to the side) separate from the pre-paid line and have the entrance wide enough to accommodate the second line entering. Also, having signs for each line would/could help the flow a little bit. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail at any time. Just so you know, I am posting all correspondence on our club forum to keep my brothers updated.
Thank you,