FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 05+ STI Hubs with wrx axles?

Post Thanks / Like

05+ STI Hubs with wrx axles?

Does anyone know if there would be compatibility issues using the STI hubs with a WRX donor build? I've already got another car with the 05+ STI's 5x114 bolt pattern, and I've got way too many sets of wheels. If I could use STI hubs, I could share my wheels between both cars. But do the STI hubs play nice with the WRX axles, etc.?

Post Thanks / Like
    The FFR provided 'strut to A-arm' adapter will be designed for WRX knuckles. It will not fit '05 STI knuckles out of the box. The portion of the knuckle that the struts bolts to is both wider and the two bolts are located slightly differently.

FFR will also need something to hold the assembly together when the CV shaft is removed. This peice may also not fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thougt i heard of people using svx hubs which are also 5x114 but use standard subaru sized axles. I would look into than if i was you.
    05 Outback XT - DD
    94 Integra GSR - Track Car
    97 Legacy Brighton - EG33 Swap Project
    03 Silverado 2500HD Duramax - Tow Rig
    97 Integra GS - Future Track Car

Post Thanks / Like
    great! thanks for the response, guys. I really appreciate it. I'll look into SVX hubs and skip the STIs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by projectrally View Post
    great! thanks for the response, guys. I really appreciate it. I'll look into SVX hubs and skip the STIs.
    The SVX hubs are a no go. You could however have the front hubs machined to be the same width and wrx's and have the same bolt pattern. I had mine done at a local machine shop but I know 6 gun racing used to also do it back in the day.

As for the rear axle spline count; we will just have to wait and see what FFR does to adapt the tranny's front DOJ's to the rear and then go from the to see if the hybrid axle kits on the market would work.