Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Fuel Pump

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Fuel Pump

A question for the guys with coyotes out there: are any of you running an in-tank fuel pump? I am currently using a Carter P74821H. I can't find any specifications on it anywhere on the internet to confirm pressure and delivery rates. I know we are looking for 60 GPH (225 LPH) @ approximately 55 PSI and I am somewhat concerned that my Carter isn't putting out that much. Under load at 50 MPH the car struggles to accelerate. If I take my foot off the gas for a second and then go back into it the problem seems to go away. Any thoughs on whether or not the Carter is under powered or any other thoughs on my issue would be great. Thanks for the help.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    On ebay it's listed at 45 GPH. Also, it appears to be a stock replacement for the 4.6L motors and those run at 50 psi at idle. Lower flow and lower pressure. But I didn't find much else.

I swapped the old pump with a Walbro 255 lph pump. The motor revs quickly, but I can't really test it until FFR starts selling headers.

Not much help. Maybe call Carter tomorrow and ask?
    MK3.1 #7076 - Under Construction....
    Coyote 5.0/Solid 8.8/Tremec 3650
    How to:
    Coyote Power Steering
    05-09 T3650 in a Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    The Carter web site lists the P74821H as a Fuel Pump Hanger Assembly, no pump. See http://www.fme-cat.com/PartDetailWin...Number=P74821H. You probably have a Walbro pump.

Post Thanks / Like
    John MIllettes car has a 255 LPH pump at about 58 PSI and runs like a champ!
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Forte's Parts Connection
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I sell the 255 Ltr Pr Hour pump assembly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for the input. I finally talked to Carter (work has really gotten in the way of my fun lately) and the pump I have is 40 GPH (151 LPH).... Gee, I wonder what my problem.... wait, my fuel delivery problem, is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI - From the Ford Racing M-6017-A504V Electronic Throttle Crate Engine Controls Pack INSTRUCTION SHEET:

"Fuel pump requirements: 155L/Hr minimum at 55psi"

If you PM me your e-mail address I can send you an electronic copy of the complete document.
    CL
    Confidence: The feeling you have before you truly understand the situation. FFR 7652 Mk IV Base Kit w/IRS: ordered 10/19/2011; Arrived 11/19/2011. Coyote, Trans & headers Installed 9/11/17. First Start 12/19/17, First Go-cart 3/2/18. Aligned and go-karting. Working the interior now. Happy customer of FFR, North RaceCars, Forte's, and Breeze.
    Chris Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,
    I'm running a Aeromotive 340 series stealth in tank pump. It's part #11140 and it should meet or exceed the demands of a coyote.
    Regards,
    Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The lack of acceleration you are experiencing could be unrelated to the fuel pump. Most Coyote engines need recalibration (tune) to compensate for the different intake and exhaust setups. Several of us have that flat spot at 2500 RPM
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Joe. The flat spot vanished when the speed sensor was installed.