FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: wheels

Post Thanks / Like

wheels

Looking into a 33 build and wheels are one thing I am concerned about.
    the ones FFR offers 17/18 vintage tourqe thrust are ok but can any wheel for a late 90s up to mid 2004 mustang work since most of the running gear is ford?
    This will be a full fender car and most of the pics and builds are on cars w/ no fenders so it is hard to see what diff style wheels will look like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, any wheel that is 5 x 4.5" or 5 x 114.3mm lug pattern will fit the front and rear axles (so long as the rear is 5 lug and not 4. What fits under the fenders is another story. The Torq thrust are pretty popular and 17x8 front and 17/18x10 rear are pretty common. From there, when considering any wheel, you'll need to check the back spacing and stay within the FFR specs of 5.5in front and 6.0 in the back. Without fenders you can do some different things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay!! Another question of mine answered without having to start a new thread!! It looks like I will be able to reuse some old wheels from a project past for my '33. That is, as long as the offsets are appropriate for whatever brakes I choose.
    24061lexusgoodies_114.jpg
    They should look clean. What do you guys think? It's a staggered setup: fronts are 8.5" wide, rears are 9.5" wide (gotta go check the offsets...ofcourse the wheels have to be in the back of the storage container...lol)
    Current Tires: Yokohama AVS DB S2's : 275/35/18 on rear, 235/40/18 up front.
    Last edited by Neptune's Snorkel; 09-09-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! I think you'll be okay. Again as long as your not running fenders, those fronts look like they have enough backspacing to clear the upper control arm. As for the backs, even if they don't, you can always buy spacers off ebay. They look great!