BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Who owns this Beautiful 33 Hot Rod?

Post Thanks / Like

Who owns this Beautiful 33 Hot Rod?

Who owns this 33 Hot Rod? I saw it while browsing the "Finished Hot Rod" gallery, and thought is was Beautiful.

I love the full fenders, and the level of detail.

Last edited by The Stig; 07-07-2022 at 02:33 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by geoffav; 02-21-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stig, thank you for the nice comments about the Hot Rod. My sons (17 & 14) and I built the car on a very tight time line last fall in order to get it done for SEMA. We just finished getting the VIN and am now attempting to get it ready for the street. It looks like we will be in an upcoming feature in one of the Hot Rod books, if I can get the last pieces finished on time.

33WANNABE

Post Thanks / Like
    How cool of a project to do with your boys, that is awesome, and it is a great looking car. I think the first that I have seen with the full fenders on it. Very cool indeed. What is the dash material, it looks like Ostrich??? (love the Coyote btw.)

-Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 33WANNABE View Post
    Stig, thank you for the nice comments about the Hot Rod. My sons (17 & 14) and I built the car on a very tight time line last fall in order to get it done for SEMA. We just finished getting the VIN and am now attempting to get it ready for the street. It looks like we will be in an upcoming feature in one of the Hot Rod books, if I can get the last pieces finished on time.

33WANNABE
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Someday I Suppose View Post
    How cool of a project to do with your boys, that is awesome, and it is a great looking car. I think the first that I have seen with the full fenders on it. Very cool indeed. What is the dash material, it looks like Ostrich??? (love the Coyote btw.)

-Scott
    The dash and interior material are ostrich. The center console also has ostrich. Once I get the car back together I can put together a more complete gallery of the interior shots. As for the Coyote, I am excited to fire that thing up. I have heard from a number of different people who have had one on a dyno that it is actually producing 450+ horsepower. At 2,200 lbs. the car should be plenty fast.

Post Thanks / Like

33WANNABE
    I've always believed in giving credit where credit is due. I've always liked the look of the 33 & 34 Fords. So I've been thinking of doing the 33 Hot Rod as my next build. (Although My wife told me that she want's me to build her a Red MkIV). I haven't seen but one other with the full Fenders. Then I saw yours, and in my oppinon, it was the perfect color paint and interior, etc., etc., etc. You guys did a phenominal job!

So, sometime in the not so distant future, I hope you won't mind too much to see another 33 Hot Rod on the forum that looks very similar to yours.

It just beautiful.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was, its a good look, very cool car. Hopefully no one from PETA sees the car though lol.

On the Coyote, I've heard that as well, whats Ford says 425? But I think the one FF put into their car dynoed at 460 or something. It will be a heck of a ride.

-Scott

The dash and interior material are ostrich. The center console also has ostrich. Once I get the car back together I can put together a more complete gallery of the interior shots. As for the Coyote, I am excited to fire that thing up. I have heard from a number of different people who have had one on a dyno that it is actually producing 450+ horsepower. At 2,200 lbs. the car should be plenty fast.
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was, its a good look, very cool car. Hopefully no one from PETA sees the car though lol.

On the Coyote, I've heard that as well, whats Ford says 425? But I think the one FF put into their car dynoed at 460 or something. It will be a heck of a ride.

-Scott
    The guys around here have run in the 390s for rwhp. A few have used 93 and tune to scare 400. This is the 5.0 as installed in the Mustang GT. I would be suspect of 460s unless this is a crank output number even that might be high. The only car I personally saw on a dyno was bone stock and put down 378hp/364tq. That's still awesome for a regular gas 5L.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geoff, it was not RWP but crank, I just went back to find the actual number. Some of the forums say Horsepowers' Dyno tends to run a little high, but on the episode they showed pretty much right out of the crate at 465HP @ 6800 RPM. Here is a forum link on all ford mustangs, as all the 2011 guys are trying to figure out if the motors in their cars are detuned or not.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ote-motor.html

Quote Originally Posted by geoffav View Post
    The guys around here have run in the 390s for rwhp. A few have used 93 and tune to scare 400. This is the 5.0 as installed in the Mustang GT. I would be suspect of 460s unless this is a crank output number even that might be high. The only car I personally saw on a dyno was bone stock and put down 378hp/364tq. That's still awesome for a regular gas 5L.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geoff, it was not RWP but crank, I just went back to find the actual number. Some of the forums say Horsepowers' Dyno tends to run a little high, but on the episode they showed pretty much right out of the crate at 465HP @ 6800 RPM. Here is a forum link on all ford mustangs, as all the 2011 guys are trying to figure out if the motors in their cars are detuned or not.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ote-motor.html
    I'm ok with whatever numbers they put out because mine will be way less anyway. I would love to have an end state of 350hp/360tq to the wheels with my cammed and stacked 4.6 DOHC. That's plenty for the light weight.

The time might be right for me to order a Boss 302. I haven't had a new car since 2003?????

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I saw the car at SEMA and we posted a video of it on our website and on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/user/F5RTube?.../3/wdt67pllZbs
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing