I know it seems that I start a lot of my threads with math problems, but this one is baffling me too.

The FFR roadster has a wheelbase of 90 inches. The frame is steel wrapped in aluminum and the body is fiberglass. Engine is a heavy V8 in most cases. No roof, no side or rear windows, basic carpeting, and minimal frills inside. Total weight around 2200LBS depending on the setup.

The FFR WRX has a wheelbase of 95 inches. The frame will be steel and probably have the same type aluminum panels. Body is fiberglass. The engine is a far lighter H4. Targa roof, side windows and rear window, probably basic carpeting inside with minimal frills. Total weight 1800 LBS.

So we have a bigger car with a roof and more glass that is supposed to weigh 400 LBS less than the roadster? I know the engine is lighter but where else can you “add lightness” that won’t include composites that will make the price skyrocket?

I’m not saying that it can’t be done, and I trust Dave not to make an estimate with doing some calculations beforehand, but how is this going to work?