Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 818 Donor Kits to be available

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJW Performance View Post
    On topic with the Original Poster

Donor Kit Beta Program: (Launched this last night):

http://818donors.com/donor-beta-program/

Check it out, let us know your thoughts. Full kits starting at 5,000.00 and going up from there based on the donor and what packages you choose.

A link explaining how pricing works:

http://818donors.com/warranty-faq/

Thanks!
    Andrew
    Will the deposit be a hold charge or an actual charge? So ou will be collecting 10 participants at $5,000 each and hold it until the kit comes available + the time it takes for your donor pallets to be ready? Looking for clarification, Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    wow this thread is really taking off

Amazing how the 818 already has 3rd party support and the car isn't even out yet.

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So someone is going to give you $5000 in one months time on a kit that doesn't exist...might come to fruition in 6 moths at best. Your going to hold $50,000.00- $75,000.00 for 6 months....ARE giving the depositors their escrow money? Yup I'd be up to give a new business model $5000.00 to hold on a donor kit for a product I haven't even bought or seen. Hell even FFR only takes a$1000.00 deposit.......CRAZY!!!!!!
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a bit skeptical too myself, especially considering the side of the transaction with the best ability to forecast risk and availability of donors is placing the risk of potential price fluctuation on a customer who has already submitted a deposit.
    Last edited by SkiRideDrive; 06-26-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/idothingsquickly/videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Does this mean only those who buy your Beta donor kit will get first dibs on the 818 kit? I bought my own donor and performance parts from you. Does that count?
    Tom,
    our donor kit run has no relation to FFR making their 818 betas or their 818 production run, so no worries there!
    How are you making out with the new goodies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    So someone is going to give you $5000 in one months time on a kit that doesn't exist...might come to fruition in 6 moths at best. Your going to hold $50,000.00- $75,000.00 for 6 months....ARE giving the depositors their escrow money? Yup I'd be up to give a new business model $5000.00 to hold on a donor kit for a product I haven't even bought or seen. Hell even FFR only takes a$1000.00 deposit.......CRAZY!!!!!!
    We actually had no real intention of releasing donor kits until the 818 was actually in production. After the open house we saw a lot of demand with people asking us if they can get a donor kit ASAP. This could not be a reality for these people if our company had to invest 50,000.00 in donors prior to the 818 hitting production and selling. The only way we could offer 818 donor kits PRIOR to the release of the FFR 818 production (for people who want to have their donor 100% ready for the minute the 818 is released by FFR) was to have people pay in full, or close to it. Working capital is prevalent for many small businesses (and it is nothing to be ashamed of IMO), so paying for a product/service up front (like you see in most business transactions in the world), then waiting to have it made by us is the only way it will work.
    I even ran this by Dave at FFR, to see his view on the concept of a small production run for those who demanded it, as well as the concept of the deposit to help get the ball rolling. Not trying to step on any toes here.
    I was simply offering this to help the community out for the select individuals who are looking for a donor NOW, as opposed to waiting until the 818 is out to get this going.

For the people who asked me to launch this small "pre-production" project, and the people it may interest- These customers are not concerned about "if the 818 will work" or
    "it's not out yet, its going to take forever"; these people know FFR, they know it’s the next car, and they know they are building one, maybe even two. This option for a beta donor kit is great for those people who want their donor 100% ready to go, even months before the 818 shows up at their door (IMO at least).

We have been in business for 5 years now, and love working with Subaru enthusiasts and auto enthusiast alike, and are really excited about the 818. If you do not like our donor beta project, I politely request you do not bash our new exciting venture. Give us a call, or come by if you would like to meet us or learn more about who we are and what we do.

"CRAZY!!!!"... Yes, the 818 is going to be crazy, in almost every aspect; and we cant wait!

Thanks,
    Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the clarification.

Post Thanks / Like
    no problem sir

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy318 View Post
    Crap...... Hopefully I can sell my subaru because I like this alternitaive a lot better than the on
    Good for convenience but you can probably make up some good dough by parting out the donor parts you don't use. All the good stuff is being put on the 818 but body panels, interior bits etc. can add up even though it's a pain...

Post Thanks / Like
    so what about someone who just needs evything EXCEPT the engine and tranny? some might be building or sourcing those themselves or something you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats not a problem Zodiac

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I put a query about this on the website with no response. I'm wondering of the costs or if I should just source an impreza myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Strange did not see it, sorry about that, feel free to shoot me an email.

Kansas City-ish Kansas or, Oklahoma City depending, sheesh...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, most of the parts that I'm going to put on are going to be re-built, modded, street rod sourced, so having a source to go to to get the rest of the parts that I need is a very good thing for me. The major thing that I'll be looking for is a wiring harness, (including engine management) and a rebuilt/modded engine/transmission. Everything else is going to be sourced from Street Rodding manufacturers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good, we would be happy to help whichever direction you take. The build your own route is what we offer for people in your position, with our online store containing over 3,000 "street rod" performance products to choose from.

donor kit beta deposits are starting to trickle in, stay tuned!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJW Performance View Post
    Sounds good, we would be happy to help whichever direction you take. The build your own route is what we offer for people in your position, with our online store containing over 3,000 "street rod" performance products to choose from.

donor kit beta deposits are starting to trickle in, stay tuned!
    You might want to double check your oil cooler kit, unless you intend to sell it for $8,000. Otherwise site is looking good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Figured that was a good deal for that

thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    For what it's worth, going the sourced-donor-parts route is likely to result in a much more pleasant build experience. I bought a 65 Coupe Kit and used my Mustang racecar as the donor. Tearing down the donor, cleaning up everything, parting out the remains that we didn't need, selling off the body shell, rehabilitating weak parts, replacing broken stuff, cleaning even more, etc. absolutely sucked the life out of those of us that were originally involved. Ultimately I wound up hiring a builder to finish the car for me. If we had a nice palette of clean and properly fitting parts (either new or used) ready to go all that energy would have gone into assembly and the car would have been done a long time ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input ccgillett, I can see where your coming from. Others who have built past kits and plan to build the 818 have said similiar statements and are planning on going donor pallet for the 818 their second time around

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123