Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Congratulations David Hodgkins, 2012 Robert Feddersen Memorial Award winner!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congratulations David Hodgkins, 2012 Robert Feddersen Memorial Award winner!

Hi all,

We just got back from the FFR Open House after a fantastic time and wanted to make sure I posted right away about David Hodgkins winning this year's Robert Feddersen memorial award.

David was strongly nominated for many reasons but a few of them were:

He has been a die hard advocate and full brother member of this community since before he even had a kit. Back then, he went by CNGreen.

Seemingly right from the start, David was at many build parties that were within driving distance of him. He hosted some of his own and has been an advocate and promoter of them all over the country when the need arises.

During the lean years when FFR was going through their belt tightening and defending themselves legally, David essentially took the Huntington Beach show under his wing and with a small group, made sure that show didn't die out.

He reads every post here (or nearly) and posts to many of them tirelessly and has a never ending enthusiasm for the community and the folks he calls friends and brothers.

Please join me in congratulating David for being this years winner!

R

Robert, I really miss you man

FFR Roadster Mark III, 500hp Small Block Chevrolet, TKO600, BMW Imola Red with silver ghost flamed stripes by the immortal Batman.

"There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!"

Post Thanks / Like

From L-R; Julie Jones, Randy Jones, David Hodgkins, Dave Smith

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Outstanding person and the award couldn't find a better home.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    David, congratulations again buddy, well deserved for sure, and extra cool that you were able to come out and be at the open house to get the award in person. I also think its pretty cool that I got to have your company on the ride in from the hotel, even if you barely fit in the passenger seat of a roadster :-)

-Scott
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave's,
    Congratulations again!!
    It was also very nice to meet you.

Sean & Jen

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Choice Congratulations on the prestigious and well deserved honor.
    Thanks
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job.
    Thanks,
    Al Adkins
    Certified "Kool Aid" drinker

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well deserved......congrats.
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations David!!! A very special award for a very special person!!!

Karen
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Way to go! Well deserved award.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    David, I aspire to be like you, Karen, Paul, and Robert, with great difficulty I might add. You exemplify, just as those before you, just what this award is all about. You single-handedly kept the Factory Five candle burning out here on the west coast when Factory Five simply could not be here. You moderate the forum with a cool head and don't let personal feelings dictate with you dealings here. You are a great friend and one heck of a father and husband. Congratulations my brother, well deserved!
    Last edited by frankeeski; 06-10-2012 at 11:06 PM.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to forget David's hard work in getting this particular forum up and running smoothly on a day to day basis.

David, congratulations on the award, you absolutely deserve it.
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Excellent, David! Wondered when you would get that well deserved recognition. As mentioned above, the day to day stuff is important and never goes away. So enjoy while you can and then get back to work! lol, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulation David, well deserved!

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations David!!!

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely well deserved. Way to Dave.

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Dave! Great talking with you at Open House.

P.S. - Still waiting for my interview...
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Well deserved indeed. I can't imagine how much time it takes to moderate this forum and make that contribution to the community. Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations David, I applause your great work and your good sense of community, Bravo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee David,
    I never knew you were this nice a guy! Keep up the good work.
    John and Victoria Tongish

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don’t read every post.

…just almost every post.

I don’t think I said anything into the mike at the open house. What a missed opportunity. But I knew in that moment that I couldn’t sum up how much it meant to me.

And I was in shock.

Robert Fedderson, for those who don’t know, was a shining example of paying it forward. He took what he knew about computers and turned it into a teaching position. Likewise, he took the lessons he learned from building his car and started showing up at build parties, joining a pack of guys in So Cal who love to cruise and look for something to build. He was an extraordinary build buddy who, for example, drove hours from his home in the high desert, to help Kouros wire his car. Robert and Kouros became friends after meeting on the forums. He helped Kouros with other areas of the build too, on more than a few occasions. Robert came to at least 2 of my build parties. Randy Jones, who lives in New York, became good friends with Robert, to the point where their families started visiting each other - on opposite sides of the country - during vacations. Robert was like that with everyone he met in our community. Easy going, incredibly funny sometimes, and always ready to lend a hand. His passing was devastating, and was the first one of too many since then in my neck of the woods. Paul “Cannonball Cobra” Mastroianni and Andy Salvaggio were two more guys that were more than happy to lend a hand to a build when needed. They were all cut from the same cloth. And all 3 were taken too soon.

As for me, I do try to pay it forward. But that hardly makes me unique in our community. I’m just one of a big group of folks who have found joy and fellowship - two unexpected gifts - along with new skills to build our own car on these forums. Folks like Karen Salvaggio, a tireless promoter of all things Factory Five; and Greg Marsh, who self organized and worked to finish Don Voorhis' car so that Don would get the chance to drive and enjoy his car before he passed.

It’s in that spirit that I say thank you. Thanks to Bill Pierce for setting up FFCobra.com and setting the tone for our community. Plus, a special thank you to Dave and Mark Smith. Without Factory Five, I wouldn’t have the beast that I and literally thousands of my new buddies built sitting in my garage. (Hey, you can get advice from a LOT of people when you take 6 years to complete a build!)

Finally: Randy, you da man. Thanks for your efforts to promote community. You're another of those who GETS IT.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Silver Supporting Vendor Cameron Autosports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great Job David. Well deserved.
    John
    #5560 All New Build MkIII IRS, 8.8 Torsen, Koni's, 427Stroker, Tremac TKO600, Fuel Cell, Pin Drive, Hugger Orange/White, SB100 • www.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/n1722t
    Cameron Autosports, LLC.
    West Coast Builder and Restorer of Award Winning Carswww.cameronautosports.com
    Winner: FFR Huntington Beach 2011 BEST OF SHOW • Winner: AHA Pomona, Ca 2011 BEST OF SHOW, BEST ENGINE, 1st Place Cobra Class $50K and 1st Place Cobra Class $30-$50K.

Post Thanks / Like
    There for a while I used to think David was a cyber generated entity, since it seemed like everytime I came on to check on threads etc., no matter what time of day it was, David H. was always logged on........lol either that or he was hooked up to an intravenous feeding of caffeine......lol

Well Done David, keep up the great work!!
    Last edited by Vman7; 06-12-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go David.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations to a tireless promoter of FFR and the community.
    Dave