Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2 x 1997 low mileage Lincoln Mark VIII 4.6 Twin Cam Cobra style engine dionor cars

Post Thanks / Like

2 x 1997 low mileage Lincoln Mark VIII 4.6 Twin Cam Cobra style engine dionor cars

My dream has simply not panned out. I have TWO low mileage Lincoln Mark VIII's that I purchased back from the insurance company after having total mishaps with them one year apart. One is in the 60,000 mile range the other in the low 70's. One has Mustang Cobra hubs and calipers (in the front). That one cost me $2000 to get it back from the insurance company. I was PLANNING on using one or both of these for Factory Five kits since they make a kit that works with the suspension and engine drive train from one of these. The other car is a 1997 that I had to give $2500 for. Surely SOMEONE there will want one or both of these for a kit. I mean the LINCOLN flat out was insane power wise. I can only imagine (as I've been doing) what one of these will do in a roadster. Someone let me know. I am giving up on the thought of ever doing one due to continual financial obstructions. Such as a $13,000 new roof on the house. I also have FOUR wheels and THREE tires. I was planning on using them too, but it just has not happened. The wheels are Cobra Mustang five spoke aluminum that were $1200 new and the tires are Goodyear directional radials. I am not going to take a major loss so dont' try to offer me peanuts. You guys that CAN afford to build these cars can afford a $2000 low mileage engine, transmission and rear end donor and if you make the effort, have enough other parts to sell on Ebay to offset the cost quite a bit. Come get one, or both! Mark - Harrison, AR 870-743-9757

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) Where are you located?

2) What size(s) are the wheels?

3) Any photos of the wheels?

4) Would you be willing to sell two wheels if they are the size/style that I need?

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue