Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Project 818 Coupe?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Project 818 Coupe?

Quick question...It seems the roadster is the main push. The only place I saw a coupe was at the following link:

http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/project-818/

Have they announced that they will be producing both of the cars, roadster/track and coupe? If so, will they be released concurrently? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's an awful lot of back story to the evolution of the 818. Factory Five had a design contest to get ideas. They stirred all the designs into body styles they can manufacture. Only one body style has been released so far and its a roadster (the blue and white one on their site). Any coupes being discussed in the forum are the work of forum members using various CAD and image tools to modify the roadster that FFR has shown. They do plan on at least three body styles, the roadster being first. The roadster body seen so far is not necessarily final. The final version will be unveiled at SEMA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgood View Post
    There's an awful lot of back story to the evolution of the 818. Factory Five had a design contest to get ideas. They stirred all the designs into body styles they can manufacture. Only one body style has been released so far and its a roadster (the blue and white one on their site). Any coupes being discussed in the forum are the work of forum members using various CAD and image tools to modify the roadster that FFR has shown. They do plan on at least three body styles, the roadster being first. The roadster body seen so far is not necessarily final. The final version will be unveiled at SEMA.
    I really hate to split hairs, but technically the only body style we have seen is the TRACK car. FFR has indicated that the Roadster, which will apparently be released to market simultaneously with the track version, will share the same core body. Presumably it will differ from the Track Car primarily in that it will have a full height windshield, and will have a soft top available. The versions on the forum currently showing a full height windshield are also creations of Forum Members rather than FFR, however. As you point out, final versions of the Track/Roadster will not be revealed until SEMA in November.

What the coupe body will ultimately look like is anybody's guess. Most believe that it will be based on an entirely different shape. But that is speculation. Only FFR knows for sure -- and they may not even know that themselves -- yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    The coupe is coming later down the road. They want to get the roadster/track version out first and my guess gauge how well it will sell at their $10k price. The coupe is going to cost a little extra for the added top, doors with windows, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a hardtop made for the roadster as well as an all new coupe body.

Post Thanks / Like
    They're also coming out with a sedan version by early 2013 and then a limo version by early 2014.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderDude View Post
    They're also coming out with a sedan version by early 2013 and then a limo version by early 2014.
    What about the 'ute?
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    When does the truck version come out?

There is lots to do with this car. Think a off road version. Living in NH, I would love to put some snow tires on a raised version and pray for snow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to make one into a sandrail myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertop View Post
    I really hate to split hairs, but technically the only body style we have seen is the TRACK car. FFR has indicated that the Roadster, which will apparently be released to market simultaneously with the track version, will share the same core body. Presumably it will differ from the Track Car primarily in that it will have a full height windshield, and will have a soft top available. The versions on the forum currently showing a full height windshield are also creations of Forum Members rather than FFR, however. As you point out, final versions of the Track/Roadster will not be revealed until SEMA in November.

What the coupe body will ultimately look like is anybody's guess. Most believe that it will be based on an entirely different shape. But that is speculation. Only FFR knows for sure -- and they may not even know that themselves -- yet.
    How about this for splitting hairs...the TRACK car IS a roadster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgood View Post
    How about this for splitting hairs...the TRACK car IS a roadster.
    Very true. The TRACK car is a roadster. Just not necessarily THE ROADSTER. If you check Dave Smith's posts, you will discover that his identification of THE ROADSTER seems to be specific to the street version. He has in fact declared that he will not show us THE ROADSTER until SEMA. -- That they are only providing us with a sneak peak of the TRACK car at this time.

I am (admittedly) splitting hairs. The ROADSTER and the TRACK Car are going to be very much the same vehicle. But not quite.

We must be really bored.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike N View Post
    What about the 'ute?
    Quote Originally Posted by flytosail View Post
    When does the truck version come out?
    There is lots to do with this car. Think a off road version. Living in NH, I would love to put some snow tires on a raised version and pray for snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xusia View Post
    I was going to make one into a sandrail myself.
    What about a wagon with wood panelling! Or maybe even a herse! Just think of the possiblities! Maybe the Army could use this chassis for there next jeep!

Post Thanks / Like
    The SEAL team could mount a 50 cal and grenade launcher