Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 in canada

Post Thanks / Like

818 in canada

Hello, did someone knows if the projet 818 will be release in canada at the same time as the usa? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know the answer to that one, but, the 818 is being designed for both right and left hand drive so it can be exported around the world. Heck, that means it might even get to Canada one day. Maybe one of the Factory Five employees will see this post and respond. By the way, Welcome to the Forum!
    Steve
    MK 3.1 #6422, Complete Kit, 340hp Ford Racing Crate Engine, WC T-5 Trans, 3.55 Rear, Barcelona Red Mica Metallic, Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    judging by the experience FFR has with exporting the other car lines they produce into the great white north, I would say that they would be able and ready to do it at the first release...................Steven
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I read somewhere that it wouldn't be available in Canada right away. Some BS export stuff. Anyway, I wouldn't put any stock in that until you hear from FFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading the page on importing FFR kits to Canada, I would assume that they will also work with Transport Canada to get this model approved for Canadian Import, although it might take some time to shuffle the papers.

The question I have is, once allowed to import one to Canada, can I also register and insure it for legal road use? How much hassle would that be? Being able to import it is not the same as being able to register it to drive on the road. If I only planned to use it for track / auto-X or show events, this would not be an issue as I have access to a car trailer, however I want to be able to legally drive it to the store and around town too.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is something you are going to have to check with your motor vehicle department for whatever Province you reside in. I don't know if Provinces laws vary from one to the other but something to look into. Here in the States depending on where you are it ranges from very easy to very hard to register a kit car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi TonyS, I live in Canada as well (Kingston, Ontario to be precise). I'm planning on importing a 818 whenever it becomes avail to us Canadian. For the 33 Hot Rod launch there was a 6 months delay to get the kit approved by Transport Can, you could expect similar delay with the 818. As 305mouse mention every province is different, I have good info about the registration process in Ontario and Qc. I'm assuming it won't apply to you but I can still post the link if you are interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    I m interested about the post for the registration in quebec . thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Leturnracing as requested http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/documents...if_artisan.php. Tremblant (en particulier la piste) est assurément un des meilleurs spot pour profiter à 100% des capacités mises de l'avant par la 818, chanceux!
    Last edited by Gus; 08-04-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Merci pour l info , j aimerais bien essayer la piste un jour!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been to Tremblant a number of times, really enjoyed it. Hope to get back there this ski season. Yes, it would be a great place to drive an 818 (in the warmer season)!