FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftermarket 818 body kit?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    you would actually make the plug (actual shape) and then pull molds from that. the problem is making it fit the ffr chassis particulars without real world physical fittment. this would also involve having or creating the cad files for the chassis. working everything out on cad files and it actually working together (chassis/body) would be difficult and expensive. even ffr has done the body the old fashioned way, by taking the chassis and manually building the body to fit. at this time it's still the easier way to do it.
    Last edited by carbon fiber; 08-14-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    I am defiantly interested in making some custom body parts for the 818 when it’s available!!

I saw found factory five about 3 months ago, then with a heavy lurking ear at the Pittsburgh Cars and Coffee I found a member of the club had one. Don’t have a pic but it’s a nice dark blue. I was really liking it until I found it uses alot of parts from a vett, and I am not into them.. Then, then guy says you should see the 818...

When searching online I found all the entries for the artist sketches and was loving it. Plus I like the platform much better.

As of now I drive a 2006 Supercharged Lotus Elise, which is very close to the target car for the 818. I think maybe in the future I will be building an 818, just so I can completely build my own machine.

I'd need the orginal parts to base it off or if you had alot to invest we could do something insane, wthier way the body will be better off carbon fiber which is what mine will be made of if I ever do get to build it.

Still looking in to the suggested drive train, just so many options!!

Anyhow this is my first post, cool to be here!

Donnie

Post Thanks / Like
    That was a GTM you saw, and whats wrong with using 'Vette parts?
    2011 Subaru Forester - the DD - uber rare 5spd manual
    1990 Miata - Track Rat, autocrossing cheap POS - love it
    2018 Factory 5 Racing 818 Hardtop Coupe - preapproved by the wife

Post Thanks / Like
    Meh my mom drives a vette, Im a ford tough man, the list goes on and on. The GTM is just not my style... But I do love it'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12