Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Dedicated Ford Modular 5.0 "Coyote" Forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Exclamation New Dedicated Ford Modular 5.0 "Coyote" Forum.

By Request, we have created a special forum dedicated to the Ford 5.0 Modular "Coyote" motor. This will be your one-stop shop to discuss all things Coyote related.

Enjoy!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    David has kindly taken the time to set up this new forum area strictly for Coyote fitment and development issues. Over the next few days, I will be moving topics that relate to Coyote technical info and tuning. Some of us have started blogs to keep a journal of our own, and if you wish to use this forum to link to your blog, it would be helpful. Again, this is for development issues, not general Coyote chit-chat.
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks David

I actually was looking for someone to ask about doing this. I already emailed the admins on the other forums and they were supposed to be working on it. This will be a great resource for coyote builds in the future... and maybe we can help FFR improve future support.
    Last edited by JeepFlyer; 08-23-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepFlyer View Post
    Thanks David

I actually was looking for someone to ask about doing this. I already emailed the admins on the other forums and they were supposed to be working on it. This will be a great resource for coyote builds in the future... and maybe we can help FFR improve future support.
    It was Joe's idea, I just set it up for him. I like the ability to drill into a topic like this that has relevance across the different cars.

As far as addressing potential changes, I think you would find that this site can change pretty swifty. At least I know the Admin for this site is here all the time.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Factory Five Distributor Hammink Performance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great job guys!
    Distributor of Factory Five for Europe
    www.hamminkperformance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammink Performance View Post
    Great job guys!
    Thx for this - will be very usefull and reduce the search time for Coyote install items

May want to add the link to the latest Coyote install PDF.

We may also want to consider a post specifically related to the FFR install instructions which need to address: proper fan wring from PCM (direct), speed sensor and inability to connect engine warning light through ECU (need alternate connection (TBD)

Thx
    Last edited by Jester; 08-25-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: incomplete

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Thx for this - will be very usefull and reduce the search time for Coyote install items

May want to add the link to the latest Coyote install PDF.

We may also want to consider a post specifically related to the FFR install instructions which need to address: proper fan wring from PCM (direct), speed sensor and inability to connect engine warning light through ECU (need alternate connection (TBD)

Thx
    Ah, thank you for mentioning this as I was about to ask for the latest parts list specifically for the Coyote install. Latest installation instructions and installation changes would be helpful too!

(Haven't been here in a while. I was waiting for Dave to post the Coyote stuff when it was finalized. Was also waiting for the SEMA 818 reveal too. Looks like that trip downstairs he took was a long one!)
    Last edited by mentatbashar; 08-26-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm wiring up my Performance Automatic and the electronics provided by Electronic Overdrive Transmission Controller called Simple Shift. Has anyone done this? I'm doing a '33 with a Coyote 5.0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure, you may want to check with FFR, I think that is what the Hot Rod Magazine Hot rod has in it.

Tony Zulo would know.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone in the southeastern states have a 2016 or 2016 coyote in a roadster that I could come and look at? I have a 2015 that I will begin wiring this Monday and I would really like to look at and talk with someone using this modular motor. I am inBirmingham telephone # 256-476-7058 or 1-205-477-3487. Thanks! Stan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Stan,

Contact edwardb via PM and check out his 20th anniversary roadster build. He is using a 2015 Coyote:

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...iversary-Build

HTH,

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea. Just for the record and a word of caution. There are no updated installation instructions from FF for the 2015-2016 Coyote. The latest Roadster version is revision O, effective date 11/18/15, and it's still the 2011-2014 version. Courtnie from FF recently posted in a thread, and also responded to an email from me, stating they are working to get a new engine and update the instructions. But no ETA at this time. I'm working with a 2015 version, like several others. I think (hope...) I have it sorted out, but it's not running yet. As soon as I get my transmission I'll drop the engine in and should have a first start and go-kart not long after. I know of at least one other build that is claiming about 100 miles on his, with positive results so far. All to say we need to be careful that some issues are specific to each version. I'm happy to share what I've learned, as David mentioned. Lots of stuff in my build thread. I've also got PM's going with several builders.

One other comment, also just for the record. Ford doesn't consider the Coyote a mod motor. It has a similar configuration and some of the internal and external dimensions and bolt-ons are the same. But it's an all new motor, new design, whole bunch of new stuff, and has no common parts to the former mod motors.
    Last edited by edwardb; 06-01-2016 at 03:51 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul, just an FYI - I can confirm that the wiring details you sent me recently are correct for the 2015+ Coyote. Although mine is a 2013 version with the older controls pack, I have been helping a local 33 building using a 2015 Coyote crate motor with wiring that is identical to yours and he successfully did his first start last week!

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Great idea. Just for the record and a word of caution. There are no updated installation instructions from FF for the 2015-2016 Coyote. The latest Roadster version is revision O, effective date 11/18/15, and it's still the 2011-2014 version. Courtnie from FF recently posted in a thread, and also responded to an email from me, stating they are working to get a new engine and update the instructions. But no ETA at this time. I'm working with a 2015 version, like several others. I think (hope...) I have it sorted out, but it's not running yet. As soon as I get my transmission I'll drop the engine in and should have a first start and go-kart not long after. I know of at least one other build that is claiming about 100 miles on his, with positive results so far. All to say we need to be careful that some issues are specific to each version. I'm happy to share what I've learned, as David mentioned. Lots of stuff in my build thread. I've also got PM's going with several builders.

One other comment, also just for the record. Ford doesn't consider the Coyote a mod motor. It has a similar configuration and some of the internal and external dimensions and bolt-ons are the same. But it's an all new motor, new design, whole bunch of new stuff, and has no common parts to the former mod motors.
    MKIV, IRS/TruTrack/3.55s, Coyote, TKO600, Wilwoods
    Delivered: 1/6/2012
    First Start: 1/19/2014
    First Go-Kart: 2/1/2014
    Graduation: 1/4/2015
    Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bansheekev View Post
    Paul, just an FYI - I can confirm that the wiring details you sent me recently are correct for the 2015+ Coyote. Although mine is a 2013 version with the older controls pack, I have been helping a local 33 building using a 2015 Coyote crate motor with wiring that is identical to yours and he successfully did his first start last week! Kevin
    Great news! Glad it worked out. Now I'm officially jealous. My time will be soon.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Edward's tips are spot on for the 2015 control pack. I have almost 300 miles on mine now and will be on the Hot Rod Power Tour in another week so will be putting quite a few miles on it in short time. Will report back if I have any issues. Currently the only nuisance item is a jump in idle after 10 or so seconds sitting at a stop light. But I can confirm that it has never stalled or even attempted to, runs beautifully.