BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Spacing around a Coyote

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Spacing around a Coyote

As I'm trying to take my build in baby steps, and get as much done before receiving my engine and trans, I am hitting some roadblocks. I've used a lot of the pictures posted in here (many from Hammink) to figure out spacing, location, and fitment of other components.

I'm now trying to decide where to locate my CNC triple reservoir. I've got pictures of some mounted to the 3/4" tubing in front of the footbox, as well as the firewall directly next to the footbox. From the pictures it looks like there is enough room behind the engine to mount the reservoirs without any interference.

I'm also looking to mount the fuel regulator directly in the center behind the engine as well.

I guess this is a call for pictures of the engine bay with a Coyote installed. I'd like to see just how much space is available, more so front to back, as I've seen how tight it is between the footboxes.

Any suggestions are welcome, and ideas and pictures are always helpful. Thanks!
    Wes

Factory Five Distributor Hammink Performance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wes,

You tell us you have been looking at our pictures, so let me tell you what I would do different the second time.

I would mount our fuel pressure regulator a little more up, since we run the lines through the tunnel, and than use braided lines instead of the rubber hose.

Also on the reservoirs I do think there will be space enough to mount them behind the engine, but you might want to trie and rund 3 hoses up there first,
    and see how that goes together with all the wiring in the footbox.

On another roadster that we have built we used the 3/4" tubing as you describe, and this works really nice.
    Distributor of Factory Five for Europe
    www.hamminkperformance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope these help. Let me know if need something specific.

MK3.1 #7076 - Under Construction....
    Coyote 5.0/Solid 8.8/Tremec 3650
    How to:
    Coyote Power Steering
    05-09 T3650 in a Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    What are those black hoses/corrugated tubes running up from the front through the white connector and towards the footboxes on each side?
    --Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Powered vents for the footbox. The white "connector" is the fan.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you move the fuel pressure regulator a few more inches toward the center of the firewall, the 3 cell CNC reservior would fit fine (see attached).

Note: you will need to fab a 2-3 inch spacer for the reservoir (off the firewall)FFR MK4 Roadster Completed 2013 - 22.jpgFFR MK4 Roadster Completed 2013 - 23.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks