Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for 2012 lower radiator hose part #

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looking for 2012 lower radiator hose part #

I want the "S" bend hose to attach to the lower radiator fitting and avoid the chassis tie-down.
    I tried NAPA and Autozone, no luck. Also tried google, but couldn't find a listing.
    7773125702_7055bec747_b.jpg
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't help with a part number but just as an FYI it is possible to make that bend using the corrugated tubing and supplied coupler.

Whichever method you choose I think I'd still plan to secure the hose in the center (the X member works well). It's a pretty long section that will get kind of heavy when full of coolant and which can jostle about when the car is moving if it's not stabilized. Two cents...

Cheers,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Jeff !
    Mine makes the bend, but it does touch the tie-down just a bit. I've tried rebending but it doesn't allow me enough clearance to feel comfortable.
    If I move the bottom of the radiator forward (I fab'd an adjustable radiator support), it will clear, but then the radiator is not setting at the angle FFR suggests.

btw, I am planning to install a support attached to the x-member. I bought a clamp/hanger from the hardware store, but not sure if I'm going to use it or by the Breeze clamp.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!