Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote to Ron Francis - Tach wire question

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote to Ron Francis - Tach wire question

I followed the FF instructions exactly, and while I haven't yet run the engine am confused as to how I'm going to get my physical tach connected. From the FF instructions, it appears I've tied the tach wire into the Coyote Harness, but disconnected the wire going to the actual tach itself. Did anyone else notice this, or did I miss a step.

Pretty sure I'm spot on with regard to the instructions, but it isn't passing the "Logic" test as I'm thinking this through.

Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay... did some digging, and this makes sense. Can anyone confirm that this is how I connect the Tach to the Coyote? (adding a Tach Adapter)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-9117/?rtype=10

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    I followed the FF instructions exactly, and while I haven't yet run the engine am confused as to how I'm going to get my physical tach connected. From the FF instructions, it appears I've tied the tach wire into the Coyote Harness, but disconnected the wire going to the actual tach itself. Did anyone else notice this, or did I miss a step.

Pretty sure I'm spot on with regard to the instructions, but it isn't passing the "Logic" test as I'm thinking this through.

Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Never mind... just a mistake on my part. The FF instructions are correct and as of now, I don't believe the Tach adapter is required.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not need a tach adapter. I meant to check last night but forgot... but I seem to recall they want you to tap in to the wrong side of the fused line, then pull the fuse. I will try and remember to check again tonight.

Edit: it was the cooling fan wiring that was slightly off- not the tach.
    Last edited by akpingel; 10-24-2012 at 09:32 PM.