BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Harniss - Last few remaining wires...

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Harness - Last few remaining wires...

Wiring is nearly finished, but would appreciate a little feedback on the last few wires that I have to find a home for. There is a single coil of wires labelled as the "Sending Units / Electronic Choke" that I have in the engine compartment.

The wires in that bundle are as follows, followed by my thoughts:

1.LT BLUE- OIL TEMP: Not sure where this goes or if it is needed

2. GREY - OIL PRESSURE: Not needed as there is a direct plug from the Oil Pressure sensor to the dash gauge

3. DK BLUE - WATER TEMP: Not needed as there is a direct plug from the temp sensor to the dash gauge

4. PURPLE - COIL/TACH: Not needed, as the tach is being driven by the Coyote computer through the Coyote Harness

5. TAN - ELECTRIC CHOKE: Don't think I need this, but not positive (need feedback)

6. DK GREEN - FAN THERMO SWITCH: Not Needed, as the cooling fan is being driven by the Coyote computer through the Coyote Harness

Thanks in advance. We hope to get a first start tomorrow, so pretty anxious to figure out these last few wires.
    Last edited by Slider; 10-19-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: fixed spelling error in title

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont think I used anything in that bundle.
    MK3.1 #7076 - Under Construction....
    Coyote 5.0/Solid 8.8/Tremec 3650
    How to:
    Coyote Power Steering
    05-09 T3650 in a Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct on the notes for "not needed". Choke refers to the electric choke bimetalic spring, which requires 12v with the key on for a carburetor. Unless you've thrown all that cool Ti-VVT hardware, the choke wire is not needed. LOL

Oil temp, well, do you have an oil temp gauge? If not, not needed. If you do, you'll have to tee into the oiling system somewhere for the sender and possibly use this wire (depends upon your gauge pacakge).

HTH...
    Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes