Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Shutting the shop down-Absolute auction this Saturday, November 3rd.

Post Thanks / Like

Shutting the shop down-Absolute auction this Saturday, November 3rd.

It's been a while since I've posted much to do about anything, lost the lease on my bodyshop business, for the first time in my 49 years, I'm soon to be unemployed (no, I will not collect, even if I could) . Scary thought in this economy, but as I have never been in this position, I'm positive that I will find something else to do so I can continue to provide for my family. Employees have alll been placed elsewhere (I worked for two weeks getting them interviews for when we finally shut down last Friday). I had given them a few warnings that it could happen, so they were semi prepared. Still searching for a new location (have been for 4 months), but have nowhere to store my stuff, so it all goes this Saturday at the absolute auction I set up. Know anyone looking for shop equipment and tools, send them to the link below.

Auction information can be found by CLICKING HERE

Tell everyone you know, the more people that show up and bid, the better.

Sincerely

Bill S.
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear this is happening. It is scary to have to start over. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
    Steve

Silver Supporting Vendor Cameron Autosports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been there Done that about three years ago. As long as you have your health your family and some faith it will all work. GOOD LUCK!
    Cheers,
    John
    #5560 All New Build MkIII IRS, 8.8 Torsen, Koni's, 427Stroker, Tremac TKO600, Fuel Cell, Pin Drive, Hugger Orange/White, SB100 • www.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/n1722t
    Cameron Autosports, LLC.
    West Coast Builder and Restorer of Award Winning Carswww.cameronautosports.com
    Winner: FFR Huntington Beach 2011 BEST OF SHOW • Winner: AHA Pomona, Ca 2011 BEST OF SHOW, BEST ENGINE, 1st Place Cobra Class $50K and 1st Place Cobra Class $30-$50K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear it brother.

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come down here..its warm and easterners do well here because most of the locals are "laid back" compared to easterners..........Sorry to hear Bill......Steven
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bill, remember that you have been paying in to the unemployment tax fund for 49 years, so why not take some of YOUR money back? You probably will get somewhere around $300 per week for 99 weeks.
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Can business owners or the "self employed" collect unemployment in the USA?

Just curious as in Canada the system does not allow for that - in fact, the legislation specifically excludes Proprietors, Partners and most shareholders, as well as employees who are relatives of an owner and anyone else an employer does not deal with at arm's length.

Sad to hear what has happened, Bill. I'm sure there is another opportunity waiting for you down the line. Eventually, it will all work out.
    Last edited by Turboguy; 11-07-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboguy View Post
    Can business owners or the "self employed" collect unemployment in the USA?

Just curious as in Canada the system does not allow for that - in fact, the legislation specifically excludes Proprietors, Partners and most shareholders, as well as employees who are relatives of an owner and anyone else an employer does not deal with at arm's length.

Sad to hear what has happened, Bill. I'm sure there is another opportunity waiting for you down the line. Eventually, it will all work out.
    No, as an employer/owner/president of the company I cannot collect unemployment. To be honest with you, even if I could, I most likely would not, I've put away a years worth of living expenses(we are not high maintenance people) in a separate account as we planned for this contingency. Within that year, I will either decide on another business, or find employment. Perhaps thrown in to the mix would be a move out of PA (this is up for discussion with she who must be obeyed). All I know is we will not rush into anything like we did last time.

Bill S.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    You clearly have a good head on your shoulders, I wish you the absolute best of luck in your decisions.

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, sorry to hear, did MAACO pull the lease or was it a leased building that you had a MAACO franchise in,? Just curious, the two local MAACO's closed recently.
    With your knowledge and attitude you will do well in whatever you decide.
    Kenny

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by first time builder View Post
    Bill, sorry to hear, did MAACO pull the lease or was it a leased building that you had a MAACO franchise in,? Just curious, the two local MAACO's closed recently.
    With your knowledge and attitude you will do well in whatever you decide.
    Kenny
    Privately owned building, we just could not come to terms.

Bill S.

PS: The funny thing is, I bought an FFR from one of those Long island owners 6 months before he opened his shop....That was like 6-7 years ago...
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA