Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Radiator Aluminum Ducting

Post Thanks / Like

Radiator Aluminum Ducting

Could someone please explain or show pictures of how the center and side aluminum ducting fits in relation to the radiator, height-wise....When I do a dry fit, the side ducting is approximately level with the top of the radiator and the bottom of the radiator center duct with the weatherstripping is hanging approximatley two inches below the bottom of the radiator. I am concerned about riveting the side panels and then finding out the fit is off when I lower the body nose, either low or high. Also, it appears I will have to trim the driver side ducting in order to fit the radiator hose properly. Am I off on my positioning....

Thanks

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this pic help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, for a good result you'll want to wait until you have the hood sitting where you want it to fit these aluminum pieces. With the car up on stands with the hood closed and the front tires removed, I used some spring clamps to hold the side pieces in place long enough to mark them.

Also, if you don't have your radiator plumbed yet, wait to mount the driver's side piece of ducting until you do. I had to trim mine a bit to clear the hose coming out of the radiator...
    Coupe #497 delivered 7/29/10. Engine in on 10/1/10. Pushcart on 10/4/10. First start on 12/01/10. First go-cart on 12/31/10. Finished and on the road as of February 2012.
    Coupe Body Buck Plans - My Spray Booth - Painting Lessons Learned
    Build site: www.bamacoupe.blogspot.com
    Lots of build photos and some observations: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53614858@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Your side panels are in line with the top of the radiator height-wise, so thanks for the heading check. I will definitely have to trim the driver's side panel to route the hose.

Thanks