Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Donor Parts Guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    row 14 on the partial donor page:

'04 (only '04) STIs have the same knuckle/hub as the WRXs and regular Imprezas. The rotors and calipers were upgraded to Brembos, but the hubs/knuckles remained the same for the '04 model STI. '05+ have the incompatable parts in that regard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhyrraM View Post
    The rotors and calipers were upgraded to Brembos...
    Front, rear, or both?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xusia View Post
    Front, rear, or both?
    I was refering to the front. But both front and rear on the STIs had Brembos.

The rears can physically be mounted - as nothing related to the strut or suspension arms changed (this applies to all STIs). However, the center splines for the driveshafts may be different for STIs as a byproduct of the upgraded rear differential the STIs used vs lower trim Imprezas. This means that '04 STI rear hubs/knuckles (and Brembos) will bolt up to an 818, but the FFR provided CV shafts will likely not work 'out-of-the-box'.

The '05+ STI switched to 5x114 lug pattern, making those rear hubs/knuckles an odd duck. They will also bolt to the 818 (same CV issue though), but do not have a 'matching' 5x114 front hub knuckle that is 818 compatable.

Also, everything stated here and above is for North American STIs. 'Rest of the World" STIs are a bit different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, everything stated here and above is for North American STIs. 'Rest of the World" STIs are a bit different.
    Yeah, I thought of that too, since this is a "world car," and noted it in the spreadsheet by changing the names of the tabs to indicate the country; in this case US.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was refering to the front. But both front and rear on the STIs had Brembos.

The rears can physically be mounted - as nothing related to the strut or suspension arms changed (this applies to all STIs).
    I'm new here and hope I don't step on toes. I don't think you should say "this applies to all STIs". '11 on STIs have different front and rear lower control arms. I'd suggest being very specific about the years. Specify a year range for globalizing, as I and others are considering using parts after '07 and from STIs.