Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My kit arrived today.

Post Thanks / Like

My kit arrived today.

arrival picture 002.JPGarrival picture 003.JPG

I knew if I didn't have pictures, that would mean it didn't happen. As Bob from Stewart was unloading it I dropped the new camera and it wouldn't take ANY pictures. Luckily I bought the replacement warranty. So off to Best Buy I went. So these are the pictures I managed to get. Was hoping for daylight pictures outside, but that just wasn't meant to be.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice body buck. Good luck with the build and give us a holla if you need answers
    Mike

Kansas City-ish Kansas or, Oklahoma City depending, sheesh...
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey, is that the way that the kit comes crated? Having a body stand already made would be awesome

...master of none. CapeCoralCobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fun begins! Might as well keep that new camera in the garage.
    Alan, Mk 3.1 #7172, 308, GT40P heads, Crane roller rockers, TFS Stage 1 cam, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, March pulleys, Cobra spec T5, 3.73 8.8, Konis all around, 15" FFR Halibrands, Viper Red/Pure White Stripes.
    "There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!" Randy Jones

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

Congratulations and good luck from a very jealous dude in North Carolina!

Enjoy the build and I hope it exceeds your expectations!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all. I'm just worried that the body buck is gonna be the easiest part of the build.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. My cheeks were sore from smiling all day when mine arrived.
    Let the fun begin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! I hope Bob hurries up, he's due at my place before the month is out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Mike!!! Let the total satisfaction and sometimes aggravation begin!

Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's how they all start!

What are your plans?
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3yearplan View Post
    Thanks to all. I'm just worried that the body buck is gonna be the easiest part of the build.

Mike
    I'm taking things pretty slow, but so far the body buck has been the hard part! I should be a roller, but I don't have tires and wheels. I'm working on brake lines and fuel lines right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!!! I remember standing in the garage the first few evenings just smiling at the fact that it's all mine to do with as I please!!! Enjoy process; it's a great journey and you'll make many good friends - both during the build and once it's on the road.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    If that's how they all start then I don't feel so bad. ATO, my plan for the body buck was simple. Building it by myself was a challenge, but I got it done in about two hours. MPTech the plan is a DOHC 4.6 out of a 2004 Mach 1 with the Tremec 3650 trans and 3 link 8.8 with 3.73 gears. I am slightly worried this will be too much gear, but have seen others on here with that gear as well. Using the 17'' FFR Halibrands. Quick question, do they send the documentation for the car afterwards, like the id plate and bill of sale (or equivalent) ? If those documents are in a box, well I haven't started the inventory yet.

Thanks, Mike
    Mark IV 7923 arrived 11-14-12
    DOHC 4.6L, Tremec 3650, 3 Link 8.8 w/3.73

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, remember it's just a bunch of little projects, not one big one.

I had to laugh when you said you dropped your camera because these cars can do that to all of us. I had trailered my just-painted car home after it was at the painter's for 2 months and unloaded it onto my driveway. I was admiring the beautiful Cobra in my driveway as I backed the empty trailer up too far and punched a hole in my garage door! These cars can make you do that.
    Enjoy the journey, Mike.
    Pete
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Pete, that made my day. I laughed out loud. Luckily it had nothing to do with hitting the car. I'll start on the inventory on Saturday morning. About 5 minutes after Stewart Transport left I dug a seat out of the box, took off the drivers door, put the seat in place and sat inside for about twenty minutes. Of course I was saying to myself, "I could get used to this". I don't feel intimidated by this project at all. I'm sure there will be bumps in the road, but that is what the forum is all about, luckily. Also my uncle and I are building this car together, and he has the patience for the electrical portion. I do NOT.

Mike
    Mark IV 7923 arrived 11-14-12
    DOHC 4.6L, Tremec 3650, 3 Link 8.8 w/3.73

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3yearplan View Post
    Quick question, do they send the documentation for the car afterwards, like the id plate and bill of sale (or equivalent) ? If those documents are in a box, well I haven't started the inventory yet.

Thanks, Mike
    Congrats on your delivery and new build. Another MI FFR Roadster! You will receive the Certificate of Origin (COO) once they get verification that the kit was delivered. Often with back ordered parts. Enjoy the build.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.