Quote Originally Posted by D2W View Post
Yes, the Coyote X (Manta Montage) access is what I'm describing. I'm thinking that if the door opened forward and up (similiar to an Ultima) it would allow a bigger opening. When the top comes off so do the doors so roll up windows wouldn't be possible. But in this configuration you could run as a roadster, as an open t-top coupe, or a closed coupe with the doors.
DP
Cool. Not picturing though how the door opening could be bigger if the doors opened 'Lamborgini' style than if they were just gullwing?

I see how you'd only have windows (or doors) when running as a Coupe (but when in this configuration it could allow for roll-up windows), and how this setup would lend itself to modular roof options (Coupe, T-tops, Roadster). I like the concept.

I was reading up on the Elise, and I like how you can run as a Targa, but carry a cloth roof panel for bad weather (and with its roll-up windows, its weather-tight), or use a hard panel for a very Coupe like experience. Make ours so the back half of the 'Targa' is removable (for Roadster config), and you have a very modular setup that provides FFR builders a lot of options.

With your modular gullwing concept, perhaps they could make fabric 'doors' (like Jeep's) that snap into place, with a vinyl window. Cloth rolls up and stows easily. Achieve a similar modular capability, but with the 'tall sill' attributes you mentioned (stiffer frame, 'sit-n-spin' ingress/egress, etc).