I second what the others have said. I went to the build school and it was a great introduction to the process as well as the family. There are great people involved with this hobby, and many of them live on this forum. If this is your first project, my suggestion would be to just build the kit, as close to "stock" as you can. As you heard earlier there are an infinite number of mods you can make and that really tends to bog things down. Spend your time driving a completed car, its easy to add or change thungs later. Some of the happiest owners I've met have simple builds with the stock mustang motor...they look great, drive great, run every time, and go like stink! Anything over 400 hp is barely drivable on a cruise or in a parade. I know, I have a 560 hp Daytona. It can be a cantankerous beast...but it really screams at 6000 rpm! Question is, how much do you really get to do that? Having driven a challenge racer for 4 years with the stock mustang platform, I can confidently assure you they will outperform almost anything on the street if well driven. And they look and sound amazing! Welcome to the fun.

Tom