Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Competition Coupe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot for all the great comments! This is a really fun project. So on with the build progress...

This weekend I focused on odds and ends while awaiting the rest of my engine components. I completed the rear sheet metal, setting up the area over the fuel cell with removable panels to be fitted with Dzus fasteners so I can go tank diving when necessary. the fuel filter and pump are also accessed here for quick replacement if needed.

Moving to the front of the car I fabbed a mount for the Accusump in front of the front crossmember, and also mounted the remote oil filter above it, to reduce hose length. For now I'm using regular hoses but may switch to braided stainless or nylon later once i get all the logistics worked out. The Coyote requires a remote filter because of the location on the engine block of the stock filter very close to the frame rail. I doubt an oil cooler will be necessary.

I decided to trial fit the engine sans tranny and bellhousing just to see if this monster would fit. I am lucky to have an electric overhead engine hoist, so that makes moving the engine in and out very easy! It is one FAT engine! As you can see from several of the photos, there is contact on the right rear valve cover, so it looks like I'll be hitting the sheet metal shears a little bit more! Oh well, no one said this would be easy. Good news is the driver side footbox mods work well, just a little massaging required there; the new FFR headers by BBK are awesome and fit great on both sides. Also a big plus in the coupe...this engine is really low and hood clearance should not be an issue. Best of all the engine harness is long enough with my chosen computer location, so no change of the mount is needed. YAY!

Enough for now, tranny is off at the shop getting the midshift kit installed, and further parts are in the pipeline. I'm loading the trailer and off to Thunderhill this weekend to drive the 25 with Team Thunder Valley Racing and the speeding Saturn of Roman and Ryan. Stay tuned!

-T
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (34.4 KB, 1197 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (74.4 KB, 1078 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (83.6 KB, 1025 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (69.9 KB, 1041 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (66.9 KB, 1103 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (53.2 KB, 1014 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (69.8 KB, 1072 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (69.6 KB, 1045 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (54.7 KB, 1149 views)
    Coyote powered Daytona Coupe Competition Racecar #21
    Challenge series #21
    FFR 33 Hot Rod
    2009 3rd place NorCal series
    2010 3rd place West Coast series
    2011 2nd place NorCal, 2nd place West Coast Series, 3rd place WERC class E1