Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: "How To Build Cobra Kit Cars + Buying Used" is up for an award!

Post Thanks / Like

"How To Build Cobra Kit Cars + Buying Used" is up for an award!

My book is up for the Motor Press Guild Dean Batchelor Award, which is an award for the best automotive book of the year (ceremony dinner is tonight - 12/11/12). The Motor Press Guild (MPG) is an organization of automotive journalists in the western half of the U.S.. In fact, it's the largest organization of automotive journalists in the country. Some of you have seen the first test drive article on the car my Dad and I built, a FFR Mk4 roadster, but for those who haven't, here it is: http://www.redlinereview.com/factory...test-drive.htm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the nomination and I'll keep my fingers crossed all night that you get the Award!
    Pete
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Pete,

Thanks mucho!

Best,

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Brian,

Fingers,legs, arms and eyes crossed. Congrats on the nomination.

Good luck,

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the book when it was first released. The pages are already getting worn from reading and looking at the great pics. Thanks and good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Brian, Best of luck
    Thanks
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go Brian!! I am thinking good thoughts for you! I hope you win the award; you and your Dad did a great job on a very fine car and book!!

Be sure to let us know how you did! All my best!!

Regards,

Steve

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Brian,

I, too, wish you the best of luck. I think you have already won to be in such good company but having the award in your hands would be pretty cool. Good luck on a great project! WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! The book is great. Best of luck and post a follow up if you want to.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate all the good wishes. Another book won. It was a book about the first Porsches. I don't remember the name of the author. He wasn't at the dinner. Too bad the MPG doesn't have the rule that, "you have to be present to win." It was an interesting evening overall. The drive from Oceanside to L.A. (at the Petersen Automotive Museum) and vice versa was absolutely brutal. It took me 3 hours going to and from. The from shouldn't have taken as long, but one of the freeway's on the way home was completely closed, so I had to re-route.

I really do appreciate everyone's kind words. There is a great deal of satisfaction involved in building your own car. I hope the book proves to be a valuable resource for everyone -- Cobra replica builders and buyers of pre-owned cars.

Best regards,

Brian

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian,

Congratulations on the nomination and I'm sorry that the book didn't win. I've got my copy put away for now so it doesn't get all messed up. I read that the publishers are looking at an e-book/pdf version? Any luck with having either a spiral bound or 3-hole punch version?

Jodi and I are heading to Pasadena for the Dec-31st cruise (http://www.ffcars.com/forums/72-soca...te-cruise.html) Want to join us?

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Brian,

Congratulations on the nomination and I'm sorry that the book didn't win. I've got my copy put away for now so it doesn't get all messed up. I read that the publishers are looking at an e-book/pdf version? Any luck with having either a spiral bound or 3-hole punch version?

Jodi and I are heading to Pasadena for the Dec-31st cruise (http://www.ffcars.com/forums/72-soca...te-cruise.html) Want to join us?

Ray
    Hi Ray,

Thanks very much for the invitation. I may be going to the rose parade the next day. If so, I'll be staying in Pasadena, so I won't be able to be a part of the cruise. It sounds like a blast. Y'all have fun!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All!

Brian