Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Clutch pedal fix

Post Thanks / Like

Clutch pedal fix

I received my clutch pedal fix kit today. After reading some of the roadster thread's I thought I was going to have A real project installing it. But since I had made A hinged cover on top of the footbox when I built my coupe it only took one hour from opening the hood until closing it.
    Kudos to FFR on this one.
    Chaz...

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep an eye on the quadrant. Prior to the fix, the clutch pedal and the snap ring next to the quadrant shared in absorbing the side load on the quadrant. Probably the top of the clutch pedal more than the snap ring. Now, it appears the side load is all on the shaft and snap ring since the pedal is no longer anchored to the quadrant. This allows the quadrant to torque even farther away from the pedal. In my case, the snap ring flies off the pivot pin after the first couple of depressions on the clutch. My next move is to hydraulic. Keep an eye on the fix and the pivot pin/snap ring in particular.

Chuck

Received FFR 6624 in May 2008, IRS, Levy Stage 3 (EFI), PSE GT 40 wheels. First start July 2010. Paint and finish by Whitby Motors. Tagged and on the road 7/29/2011. This car is more than I could have expected!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    When installing the fix I noticed the hole in the bracket the pivot sleeve runs through (next to the clutch quadrant) is not a hole but just a half a hole. This is causing a fair amount of wable with the end of the pivot pin even with the fix. So, my next step is Forte's clutch pedal cable conversion. I'm using a 94-95 bellhousing and apparently there is no slave cylinder mounting plates available.

Bruce

Attached
    Thumbnails
    Last edited by bsnyder; 12-21-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Forte can modify your clutch pedal to move the quadrant to directly in line with the pedal taking all of the side load off the pedal. I sent my pedal in and had it back in less than two weeks. The peace of mind was worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    How far over did you move the cable adjuster hole? Also did you move the hole up or keep it on the same plane as the old hole?

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    P8170016.JPGP8170017.JPGP8170019.JPG
    The first photo shows the clutch quadrant as part of the pedal and now in line with the pedal. It also shows my clutch saftey switch. The second and third photos show the hole on the side of the foot box that allowed me to remove the clutch pedal pivot and the panels I made to patch the hole on the foot box and the fire wall. The clutch cable moved inboard and remained at the same height as before.