Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Passenger Door Alignment

Post Thanks / Like

Passenger Door Alignment

I'm almost there....I've installed the passenger door and have a question...

I can't seem to figure out how to get the bottom right corner to sit flush with the body. The other three corners are fairly easily adjusted, but the bottom right corner is giving me problems. The door frame is square ands sits flush with the inside of the door and the striker is as far out to the outside of the car as it can go. The latch is parallel with the door as well.

I tried "twisting the frame" insided the door by hand, which helped but it forces the welded tab to rub the inside of the fiberglass which I didn't think would be good in the long run. I noticed after coming back to it last night that the door is about 1/32 high, but I don't think that will help once I drop the door a sliver.

Does anyone have any tips on how to adjust the he bottom right corner? Thanks for your help!

I've attached a picture...Door Question.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony from FFR responded with info about the small rubber bumpers that once installed will push the door skin out...thanks Tony!