BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Casey Family Build Thread (coupe)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to go in the garage!!!!!! I love my new car. Yay! The stand makes it high enough that I was afraid to sit in it, so no Casey butts have touched it yet. I couldn't resist doing a little inventory last night. I LOVE inventory. I would be willing to travel around the country doing inventory for new owners. I may need a couple days of training at the FF facility so I can figure out what all these parts are supposed to be called (again with not naming things correctly) and my travel would need to be paid. Hmmmmmm...I don't see this being a viable career path. Sigh.

The truck arrived on time last night and it was filled with my Coupe, two roadsters and one hot rod body (which I never did get to see since it was so deep in the truck). I had 20 boxes, but one actually belonged to Mike for Scoopy, so that's cheating. A few things are backordered, but since I don't speak car, I'm not really sure how important they are. There does seem to possibly be an issue with sidepipes. They are definitely not here and may or may not be backordered. Mike emailed FF last night and they are checking into it for us.

The damage looked really bad to me, but Mike and the driver didn't seem terribly concerned. A picture has been sent to Jeff Miller to see if he can fix it. The car was too close to the front of the trailer and a big hole was worn into the fiberglass right at the back where the spoiler is. I've found a way to strike just the right pose when standing at the rear of the car so that I look completely natural (at least in my mind) while covering up the flaw. I'll practice this weekend at the welcome home party.

Anyway, the delivery went smoothly except that I was so excited when the truck pulled up, I forgot to get a pen to mark off boxes and progress ground to a halt until I fetched one. Oops. The neighbors came out to watch and I suspect the other residents were surprised to see another truck dropping off another car. This is most likely the last for us though. No more money and no more space. Maybe when the kids grow up and get married, they'll get a car and we can foist ourselves on their delivery and inventory (and build). Maybe we'll have grandkids one day. Hmmmmmm...I'm gonna have to live a long time so I can keep seeing these cars get delivered.

I forgot to mention that my power steering arrived the evening before Coupey. I had a bonehead moment (as usual) when I pulled out the pieces and parts. I got to the reservoir thing and handed it to Mike while commenting that the power steering was smaller than expected. Okay, so I'm an idiot. I thought the reservoir was the entire system. D'oh!!!! Anyone want me to come do inventory for them? Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSQSL View Post
    I couldn't resist doing a little inventory last night. I LOVE inventory. I would be willing to travel around the country doing inventory for new owners. Anyone want me to come do inventory for them? Anyone?
    Aww dangit my daughters had the same idea....maybe you could take the west coast and give us the east Congrats on the delivery you are going to love the coupe!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timb View Post
    Aww dangit my daughters had the same idea....maybe you could take the west coast and give us the east Congrats on the delivery you are going to love the coupe!!!

I give up. You win the inventory contest. Your kids are so darn adorable, everyone is gonna want to hire them. Besides, Mike keeps telling me I'm on my own building this one, so I think I'll be a little busy. Maybe your girls can come help me build instead.