Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Remote door solenoid question.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Remote door solenoid question.

Has anyone installed remote opening door solenoids in a 33 coupe with power windows? I want to do this as I have done on my 78 Vette. I wonder if there is room for both? Looks like room for it to me from 33 manual photos. I was wondering if someone has already done this. I love the look of no outside door handels. Thank. T.W.

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased the remote door poppers and solenoids as well; and have power windows to install. I was thinking below the frame and forward looked like the best area, but maybe someone who has done this can chime in?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done this on all three of my builds. There are kits that bolt directly to the FFr supplied bear claw latches. Unfortunately I found that there wasnt enough room for this kit on the driver door. Fit perfect in the passenger door. Go figure. I mounted the driver side one to one of the door frame tubes and ran a cable to it. Worked perfect. Not sure I have any pictures of it. Any door poppers will work. Just need to come up with a way to mount them.
    The FFR supplied stuff with all the cables, handles and assorted parts can be a real pain to get working right. Electric is the way to go.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike. Glad to hear that the solenoid location won't be an issue. I've seen some builds with the actual "poppers" mounted on the back side of the hinge which is hidden and out of the way. I thought this was pretty clever. Being new to this, I'm not sure I would have thought to put the spring loaded popper back there.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again Michael. You are a wealth of knowledge. I can't thank you enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you will find the poppers are not needed. The doors tend to swing open when unlatched.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mike, I was also considering the same thing. Are you able to provide details of a good supplier and the model.

Regards Paul