BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Speedstar Build??

Post Thanks / Like

Speedstar Build??

Is any one building a Speedstar yet?

Curious how different is will be compared to the 33 HR...

It certainly has grown on me..

RJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too.

I'm hoping that a roadster version becomes available by the time I'm ready for my build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by narly1 View Post
    ...I'm hoping that a roadster version becomes available by the time I'm ready for my build.
    From what I can tell, the only difference between the regular '33 and the FFR 'Speedstar' is the top. So not sure what you'd be looking for in a "Speedstar roadster"...
    I may be wrong, but I can't see any other differences. I think Dave should do side-by-side comparison. But right now I don't feel the FFR 'Speedstar' is worthy of the name Rat's Glass gave to its design.
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to the FFR website and compare the rear view images of both body styles. The Speedstar is "pinched". I'm sure that are a ton of other subtle differences but other than the roof line that's the most noticeable.

Wondering what the hold up as far as releasing a roadster version is. The only difference between the two that I can see is a windshield frame vs a complete top, much like the regular 33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Found this on the FFR site:

"There are some small differences between the Factory Five ’33 and the new Speedstar. The Speedstar comes with different tail lights and a fixed, molded coupe top rather than the ’33s removable top. Hood and side covers are an important part of the long, low Speedstar look, so they are standard. Door latches and windows are being designed, and we are considering using door poppers to keep the exterior super clean."

So I guess there's some additional design work to be done as far as making the top removable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I talked to Tony extensively late last year as I had a client that was interested. Mechanically, they are identical (chassis, suspension, etc.) Just different body. Don't think FFR would spend the money to create a roadster version as that is basically the same as the 33 without a top.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I read somewhere that FFR also bought the roadster version mold (and others) from Rat's Glass, so it might not be as big an undertaking as one might think.

There are certainly other product priorities at FFR right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about selling my Roadster and buying either a '33 or possibly a pickup, then I saw the Speedstar. From reading various posts (on the 33/truck forums) it seems that the biggest issues are the door and top fitment. Correct me if I'm wrong here but it looks like those issues would be non-issues with the Speedstar. The pictures on FFR website show the Speedstar with no side windows? (at least that's the way it looks to me on the web site pictures) Does anyone know if they come with windows ready to install (doors cut to accept glass and door hardware)
    MKIII Roadster: FMS 302 Crate Motor, GT40 Heads, Quick Fuel Carb, Air Gap Manifold, Canton Oil Pan, 3 Link, Koni's, Ford 9 inch Rear End, Mustang Cobra Brakes. Dyno tested at 300 RWHP and 305 F. Lbs Torque.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they come with side windows, I think on the FFR website they did not install them, showcase vehicle. From what I understand is the roof fixed to to the body.

10. Thanks Scalded Dog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had s concept drawing made for the Speedstar:

Finished small.jpg

Now just need to order and build it....

12. Likes narly1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has anybody taken delivery of a kit with this body yet?

The only one from FFR that I've seen so far is their showroom car...

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked the question today on FB and the answer is that they have been waiting on windows and currently have 4 or 5 kits in their production schedule.

15. Likes j33ptj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering if anybody has taken delivery of their Speedstar kit since my last post.

Earl