BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: build school

Post Thanks / Like

build school

Has anyone heard of the FFR build school selling the builds they complete?

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope.
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    I participated in the build school with my dad and the '33 we built had already been built (which is why everything fit and it was completed in 3 days). I believe what they do is build it with the "students" and then tear it down for the next class. Sorry........

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a couple of the instructors. For liability reasons they will not/can not sell the school cars. It's heartbreaking but after the cars are retired from instructional use they are destroyed.

Jeff

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one claims that it was, hope you not looking for a discount because it came from a "build school".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/faCTO...item35c3c09561

There have been a few built by high schools and colleges, but they have been raffled off or used as promotional prizes.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was a contest and this guy won it. just never heard of that, but being from the school it should be well built. My dad has been looking at building one and us going to the school. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    They do not sell the cars. The previous poster was correct. Engine, drivetrain, and other parts are kept for the next "kit" after a few classes wear out the old parts. The body, panels, and such are cut up. The class is very informative and will help you make choices on how you want to build the car (donor, non donor, choices of parts). Be sure to take lots of pictures, video is better on some things. Look at clearances and fitment of parts as they go in. Take lots of notes. Really good info on tools, way to bend brake/fuel lines. I was 4 months into my build and wish I attended before I got the kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the seller is claiming that the car was built by the FFR affiliated school at Mott Community College I'd have to say he's blowing smoke up your skirt.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

33 built at Mott Community College?

The posted 33 was built by the Mott School crew for a SEMA presentation. At least that is what they told me at the school a few months ago, The car is notable for how the body ends at the cowl. The FFR 33 original has a panel that sweeps forward from the bottom of the cowl to the bottom of the grille/ radiator.

The cars built for the FFR school are not sold. The chasis are cut up every so often. Too many holes drilled by amateurs. The body and sub assemblies (brakes lines, electric , fuel lines) are re-used.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-28-2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: adding

Post Thanks / Like
    It was built for Snapon tools as a giveaway during one of their shows.
    The car in question was built at the mott build school by the Instructors and myself.
    This was not a student build.
    It was then transported to WI. and painted. From there it went to A show in Vegas in parts.
    At the show It was reassembled and driven into a ZZTOP concert and given away to 1 lucky winner.
    Billy Gibons Himself drew the winning ticket.

And that is the REST of the story.
    LOL
    Later
    Mark D
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be nice if the build school did a video of the class. Some of us just can't swing the days or cash for the school. They could sell it for a fair price that would be affordable and still make a profit for the school. It may even sway someone to take the school after seeing the video. Just my thoughts on the subject. I wish I could swing it but I can't right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to attend one of the classes as well, a video would be nice but if a picture is worth a thousand words, getting your hands on it is worth a million. Kinda like my wife. And bacon

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys we are going to be building a MK4 here in the tech room and video taping most of the build and putting them on you-tube. we shot the first clip last week so it all should be showing up very soon. Joe @FFRtech

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The posted 33 was built by the Mott School crew for a SEMA presentation. At least that is what they told me at the school a few months ago, The car is notable for how the body ends at the cowl. The FFR 33 original has a panel that sweeps forward from the bottom of the cowl to the bottom of the grille/ radiator.

The cars built for the FFR school are not sold. The chasis are cut up every so often. Too many holes drilled by amateurs. The body and sub assemblies (brakes lines, electric , fuel lines) are re-used.
    I ended up getting this car can't stand the rock chips!! I may wrap that area., you said the panel that sweeps forward was cut as I see............ looks cool but I not going to be driving it in the rainLOL....... how can I replace that w/o having to get a body guy to do new panels..... as I may do the full fenders and top.