FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tie Rod Ends

Post Thanks / Like

Tie Rod Ends

Hello All...I know on the earlier builds many builders had to cut the tie rod ends in order to bring the alignment into specs. Does anyone know if this is still needed? I have #422 picked up in April of 2012. Planning ahead, it would be easier to make the cut before I take it in for alignment than to trailer it down and have to reschedule...any thoughts? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    hey mike, i would not cut it until you you mount the rack, then from there you can place the outer tie rod against the inner and kind of gauge it yourself, check to see if your going to have too much thread on the inner. we have had to tell customers to cut the rack before but i would wait and mach it up yourself before you go cutting.

Joe @FFRtech

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had no problem with #325.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply...It appears to be ok at after further inspection, but pretty close...thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    037 had to be cut. I stopped hearing about the problem but don't know at what point it stopped being an issue. Mine was badly toed in with LCAs adjusted to nominal. I ended up with a locally made BS kit that replaced the outer tie rods. Sounds like this was fully resolved early.