Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 427 Aluminum Small block Ford

Post Thanks / Like

427 Aluminum Small block Ford

I spoke to Jason at Factory Five and he told me to post this here. I put it in the general section but it got taken down, I assume by the moderators, so I called Jason back and assured me it was OK to post here.

A little background. I own a company that does custom fuel systems and on occassion I'll build an engine for a customer.

Well, one guy ordered an all aluminum 427 small block ford, and cancelled his charge the day it was supposed to ship.

I started looking at the FF cars because of their build quality. I really like the Cobra and was looking to get one. My wife, on the other hand, made the determination that I have "enough cars" and that yet another project is not in the cards. I have two kids and given the expense of divorce I figured it was easier to try to sell the engine than listen to her. I am just finishing up a Corvette project that took about 3 years and she's "sick of looking at it".

That being said, I am saddled with a 427 Small Block Ford that I have no car to put it into. I was hoping that someone here can make use of it.

This is an all aluminum engine, block and heads, with a BBK intake that is able to be turned for the best position under the hood. It was assembled by Coast Performance out of California and resides there. The crank and internals were custom cut for this application. It is a beautiful engine. I have the injectors, a Holley ECU that SELF TUNES so there is no headache there. It is really ready to drop in.

Now, I know how obnoxious it is for someone to come into a forum and try to sell something on their first post, but was assured it was OK by the guys at FF. They said a lot of people are looking for old school displacement with new injection technology.

You can email me at [email protected] for specs and pictures.

motor-1w.jpgmotor-2w.jpgmotor-3w.jpgmotor-4w.jpgmotor-5w.jpgmotor-6w.jpgmotor-7w.jpgmotor-8w.jpgmotor-9w.jpg

My number is 201-403-3699.

I sincerely appreciate your patience with me, I wouldn't have posted without the consent of the guys who own this place. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice motor. A few more details would be nice, what are the specs on the block, heads, crank, rods, pistons, compression ratio, cam specs, etc? If you have a build sheet I'm sure that would answer most questions. Has it been dynoed? And of course...... what is the asking price?
    Mike............

FFR2100 - 331 with KB supercharger - T5 - 5 link rear 3.08's and T2 Torsen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike N View Post
    Very nice motor. A few more details would be nice, what are the specs on the block, heads, crank, rods, pistons, compression ratio, cam specs, etc? If you have a build sheet I'm sure that would answer most questions. Has it been dynoed? And of course...... what is the asking price?
    Thanks Mike. I hesitate to come off like a jerk just hocking merchandise.

The internals are all balanced forged Scat. The pistons are Probe. It's a 4 inch stroke, with 4.125 bore. The block is a World Aluminum and the heads are also World 18* 225CC runners. Compression ratio is 10:1 to take street gas, and leave some room for boost if someone decides to take it that way.

It has not been dynoed, however, I can say for other builds that are similar we got over 500HP so I'd put it right about there. Dynos are what they are, and varies from one to the other. I'd expect about 525-540 give or take at the crank. Probably 400- 430 ish at the wheels.

I have a complete spec sheet here:

parts list.jpgparts list2.jpg

You can see all the parts, including the cam specs. It's all there.

This comes with the injectors, ECU, etc.. I would typically ask $18-20K for this engine, but I want to move it so I'd be ok at $15K. The parts alone cost more than that. I know it's a lot for an engine, but it is all aluminum and the bottom end can support 850 HP if you throw it at it. We know because we did it with a 460 SBF on the same block/internals that laid down over 800 HP.
    Last edited by jsup; 02-01-2013 at 07:35 PM.