Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR / Moser 8.8 Rear End

Post Thanks / Like

FFR / Moser 8.8 Rear End

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the FFR / Moser rear end I purchased with my 33 Hot Rod kit in November 2010.

*The measurement between the wheel mounting surfaces is 59 1/4" (correct)
    *The measurement between axle housing end flanges is 53 7/8" (incorrect, should be 54 1/4")
    *The measurement should be 2 1/2" from the axle shaft wheel mounting surface to the axle tube brake mounting surface
    *The measurements on mine are as follows: right side 2 3/4", left side 2 5/8". This means that the right side axle tube is 1/4" too short and the left side tube is 1/8" too short.
    *With these dimensions being incorrect, my rear brake calipers are not even close to fitting.

Thanks for all of your help.

Jeff Davis

Tech Support, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff not sure which brakes your working with we supply a small assortment of stainless washers with our brake kit to center the caliper over the rotor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick,
    I'm using a Wilwood kit #140-3018-B. The caliper mounts on the inside of the mount. Using shims would move it farther away from the rotor. If the axle tubes were too long the shims would work great. I've had a few FoMoCo engineers scratching their heads over this one.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This is over my head. I've texted Jesper in engineering (he just returned today at 5pm from a one-day trip to Mendeola transmissions) and hopefully he can get to you. might have to wait til Monday, but I can and will vouch 1000% for the crew at Moser and we've got your back either way...

Dave Smith
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Director of Engineering, FFR Jesper Ingerslev's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dimensions

Jeff,
    That does sound strange. I will look into it first thing on Monday. I don't have the drawings here. We will get it sorted out.
    Jesper Ingerslev
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for all the help, it is greatly appreciated! I have an illustration from Wilwood showing all the components. I can fax it first thing Monday if you would like.
    Thanks again.

Jeff