Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Donor Kits For Sale- Ready To Ship

Post Thanks / Like

Some Donor Kits For Sale- Ready To Ship

I have some donor kits for sale, 2 of them are already in crates ready to ship.
    If you would like to see their donor report cards simply list your email on this thread and the donor you are interested in and I will email it to you,there is also a link below (Google Docs) which should bring you to the report cards.

Available Donors:

2002 WRX- 02wrx1178- SOLD
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9ab...it?usp=sharing

2003 WRX- 03wrx4718- SOLD
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9ab...it?usp=sharing

2005 WRX
    - SOLD
    This is coming on this week, so we do not have a donor report card for it yet. It has 66,000 miles on it.

2007 Impreza- Edit; also got plugs and head gaskets!
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz7B...it?usp=sharing

2004 WRX- 56,000 miles!- SOLD

Thanks
    Andrew
    Last edited by AJW Performance; 08-14-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Andrew, check PM
    " That which is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

SN 46 In the building 10/4/13.
    Go Cart 10/20/16
    Coupe Conversion
    EJ205 Wagon donor

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent Christian

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a general question: Why no prices listed for these?

I understand why you don't list prices on your website, but since these are ready to go, all the costs should be known. Therefore it would seem to me prices could be provided? It might help in selling them... (sincerely just trying to be helpful)

Post Thanks / Like
    Prices are listed on their profiles/report cards sir.
    Each report card is 5 pages, as a PDF I was unable to post them on this forum/ thread. It would not be beneficial to simply show the price I feel without any of the information, so it is all together for anyone who wants to view them it just needs to be emailed.

Edit* I may try to put them up on Photobucket and link it from there
    Last edited by AJW Performance; 02-25-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious, will you be posting these prices / report cards on your site?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh. I can understand that. I think the relative condition, and work already performed are VERY germane to the price. A 5 page PDF file should be very small (smaller than most images), so it seems odd you can't post it. I'm going to try posting a PDF here.

test.pdf

EDIT: It worked, but I did have trouble uploading a larger one. The limit is apparently 19.5k, which is fairly small and could be the reason it's not working. Have you tried posting them on Google Docs and providing links? If you don't want to bother, or don't know how, I'm happy to help. Or to post them on my Google Docs (publically) for you.

EDIT 2: Just to show you what it looks like, here is that same test.pdf on Google Docs: test.pdf
    Last edited by Xusia; 02-25-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xusia View Post
    Ahh. I can understand that. I think the relative condition, and work already performed are VERY germane to the price. A 5 page PDF file should be very small (smaller than most images), so it seems odd you can't post it. I'm going to try posting a PDF here.

test.pdf

EDIT: It worked, but I did have trouble uploading a larger one. The limit is apparently 19.5k, which is fairly small and could be the reason it's not working. Have you tried posting them on Google Docs and providing links? If you don't want to bother, or don't know how, I'm happy to help. Or to post them on my Google Docs (publically) for you.

EDIT 2: Just to show you what it looks like, here is that same test.pdf on Google Docs: test.pdf

Google Docs FTW, thanks for the idea

Post Thanks / Like
    Np!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like permissions aren't set to public on the '02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xusia View Post
    Looks like permissions aren't set to public on the '02.
    should be all public now

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew, very nice write ups on each, very nice.

Most of us do a compression test, wet and dry vs leak down. Can we somehow correlate the leak down % to a PSI reading?

So these kits come with used brakes, rotors, clutches, etc and you replace anything obviously worn? All parts are externally cleaned? all get new timing belt kit? water pump? Just trying to understand what is provided.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words.
    I can have the compression translated I am sure, let me talk to my tech.
    Both of these got Timing Belts (water pumps, tensioners, idlers, etc) should be stated in the report card.

Here is some info on cleaning (to anwser your question yes they are cleaned), did a little write up on it because people seem to have different thoughts on what a 6-11 year old donor pallet should look like in terms of "clean": http://818donors.com/general/how-cle...onor-kit-come/

When purchasing a 818 donor kit from our company, a lot of tasks are performed in order to create a care free quality donor kit. From full tear down, replacing damaged parts, maintenance, organization and cleaning.

Fulfilling these tasks are fairly straight forward; tearing down the donor and populating the needed componts for an 818, replacing damaged parts associated with it’s accident or broken items from wear and tear, maintenance based on our understanding of Subaru as well as what Subaru suggests, organizing and labeling all the components…. all fairly straight forward to understand.

We felt cleaning would be a good topic to elaborate more in depth as to what we do as 818 Donors for your donor package. To keep things cost effective for the customer we do not spend dozens of hours detailing the engine and components, powder coating older oxidized parts, or sand blasting off surface rust (although we often do sand it down and touch it up and always test it for safety). If we did all of these tasks we estimate the donor package would cost upwards of 25% more due to the time it would take to perform these tasks. We also discovered that donor kit customers often enjoy putting a little “elbow grease” into their kit, or painting a engine component a unique color of their choice, etc… We are more than capable in doing a complete component and engine detailing overhaul, so please do not hesitate to ask if you would be interested in this as an additional service.

Here is a description of the cleaning process which we enforce while processing a donor:

Scrub all possible components:

Engine, transmission, intercooler, calipers, control arms, axles; anything that can get wet is scrubbed with a water and simple green solution.

Smaller components are also put into the parts washer, and scrubbed down additionally there.

Drain all fluids:

All fluids are removed and disposed of in a Eco-friendly manner.

Engine oil

Gear oil

Power steering fluid

Coolant

Brake fluid

Etc

Rust Treatments:

We often do mild treatment to surface rust on components like rear lateral links, control arms, etc. This consists of a sanding and a simple coating of black rust protective paint. The reality is these donor vehicles are 6- 11 years old, so they will not look brand new.

The most stubborn and common “imperfections” from the elements are oxidation and rust. Some common places for oxidation are the intake manifold, calipers, intercooler and radiator. Rust most commonly occurs on the underside of suspension components like control arms and lateral links.

All in all we do our best, we present you with a product that goes through about 8-10 hours of cleaning; but at the end of the day they will never be brand new again. If you are looking for a “hot rod” looking engine bay, talk to us about aftermarket engine dress up accessories that can replace older parts and enhance the cosmetic appearance of your engine bay.

We can also offer additional services like powder coating, sand blasting, or chroming upon request.

Post Thanks / Like
    excellent! I can vouch for how long it takes to blast and powder coat etc...

You are cleaning up to allow a very thorough inspection for damage but NOT reconditioning to like new finish... The timing belt comments were not clear to me in the write ups...

Do all of your donors get new timing belt "kits" that include a new water pump and all tensioners and idler pulleys?

what about oil pumps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RM1SepEx View Post
    Andrew, very nice write ups on each, very nice.

Most of us do a compression test, wet and dry vs leak down. Can we somehow correlate the leak down % to a PSI reading?

So these kits come with used brakes, rotors, clutches, etc and you replace anything obviously worn? All parts are externally cleaned? all get new timing belt kit? water pump? Just trying to understand what is provided.
    1178 has new rotors and pads. 4718 didn't need them.
    If they look like they have reached 50% wear we will swap on replacement rotors and pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RM1SepEx View Post
    excellent! I can vouch for how long it takes to blast and powder coat etc...

You are cleaning up to allow a very thorough inspection for damage but NOT reconditioning to like new finish... The timing belt comments were not clear to me in the write ups...

Do all of your donors get new timing belt "kits" that include a new water pump and all tensioners and idler pulleys?

what about oil pumps?
    Yeah they both got new timing belt kits, which includes pumps, idlers, etc... (795.00 value on those).

If we reconditioned these cosmetically they would literally have to be thousands more, it just wouldn't make sense. Our focus is on the mechanical aspect. The reality is they are about a decade old, so it is best for the final owner to decide if they want to "restore" it to a like new finish or not in our opinion.

OEM oil pumps on these.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's a great sourcing option and service you guys are offering. I may still source my donor/parts from you. I'm just keeping my options open in case I "fall" into a stellar deal. At this point, I've got more than a year to wait, so I'm in no rush go down a particular path right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a plan! Nice chatting with you thanks for the Google.Doc discovery haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a good deal to me

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you

The 05 WRX came in today, we will be starting it tomorrow and have a report card for it within a week or so I would assume.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have a quick question, are you guys going to be trimming down the harness's to fit the kit as an option. I personal wont be doing this, but I am sure others will want the option
    818S frame #13 Jdm version 8 ej207

Post Thanks / Like
    Its like X-mas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmaker12 View Post
    I have a quick question, are you guys going to be trimming down the harness's to fit the kit as an option. I personal wont be doing this, but I am sure others will want the option
    Once we get a little closer to delivery of an 818 we will know more about whats needed for the harness and then be able to delete unneeded things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew,

Thanks for your time on the phone today.

dave

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem Dave nice speaking with you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Still have some kits here ready to ship out the door. Let me know if you have any questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a 04 in with 66k as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a donor card on that one yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Today Christian came in and picked up his donor kit in person.
    It is a nice change to do a in person interaction, talk to the customer about their goals and show them our warehouse.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    07 Just arrived with 42k on it with near perfect leak down and compression. Info coming soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    I see you posted just a few donors here, does it mean you never had more (you post them all here when you get some), or just once in a while you decide to post a few donors which is not representative to your total number of donors you had since you started?
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah this thread kind of went dead while we finished the betas. We have done about 15 donor kits to date.
    I will try and keep this thread more active and update it with new donors.

I have some N/A's coming in, and another 06/07 soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good thing to keep it alive.

I have read your 818donors.com site many times and I am pretty sure I will buy your services when I get there. But I am very very tempted by a JDM engine, which you may not get that often as a donor... Anyways, I appreciate the services you offer (and you seem to have an awesome customer service), let's hope it will live for a long time.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Frank I appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any links to additional donor report cards?

Post Thanks / Like
    The 07 that came in will be up by Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    Some items arriving for Craig's 400 WHP build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Available Today:

2007 Impreza- EDIT: Also got head gaskets + Spark Plug Wires

2004 WRX- 56,000 miles!- SOLD
    Last edited by AJW Performance; 08-14-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm REALLY digging this method of choosing donors, the transparency in process, and the options for maintenance/performance packages. I won't be able to buy from you guys for a couple years but I plan to when able.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast