Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: 818 Dyno Tune

Post Thanks / Like

818 Dyno Tune

Finally got my car tuned after a year and a half on the break in tune. I was shooting for 250 hp at the wheels and ended up at 275. It definitely feels like plenty for a street bound car. It is an ej257 short block with 2L heads, vf48 turbo, 06 wrx fuel injectors and some misc bolt ons. image-20200714_132838.jpg

2. Likes DSR-3, Kurk818, Bob_n_Cincy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting this. I have almost the exact same setup (Hybrid, VF48, dark blue injectors) and it's good to know what to expect. I just got my car running a few weeks ago using a base map from a local tuner. Once the car is street legal, I'm planning on taking it to him for a dyno tune. He said he's expecting 300-305 whp with the setup so we'll see. I'd be happy with 275 whp too as long as it's a safe tune!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would guess 300ish should be very achievable. My car did make 294 at 18 psi, but between using ducted air to the standard intercooler and an old 5 speed transmission I didn't see a need to push it. Thus using the 15psi tune. Since I wasn't asking to completely max things out I don't think they were pushing to see how much power they could get out of it.